End.

15. END

——

tucking the loose strands of your hair back at your ear, you looked back and saw mitsuya walking closely behind you.

he's wearing a white long sleeved polo shirt paired with white pajamas. his bear foot imprinting on the white sand, and slowly the wave rocked on the shore.

his lavender hair getting swayed by the wind, his droopy yet lovely eyes lingering on the shells and pure stones scattered along the beach. you admitted at the back of your mind how he looked like a polished gem, shining and shimmering.

noticing how much you've been staring at him, he lifted his gaze and raised a brow at you, curving his lips into a thin smile, "something on my face?"

it felt surreal, his voice and everything.

without a thing running on your mind, you run towards him and he stood there waiting for your body to clash with his, and as it did, he wrapped his arms on your waist before he kissed your temple.

"hey, what's wrong?"

"i missed you so much!"

regrets is all that filled you, his warmth and the texture of his skin, you missed all of it. the tears just involuntarily slipped out of your eyes.

"huh? i've always been here by your side though." he chuckled, wiping your tears away.

"i know, you've always been..."

but the next thing he did made you tear up even more. holding your hand, he slowly went down on one knee kissing the back of your palm while directly looking at you.

"i've always wanted to do this. i've always wanted to ask for your hands and now... i finally had the courage to." he snaked his hand inside the pocket of his pajama, and once he took it out he's holding a small box.

you didn't want to spoil yourself or assume anything but it looks like the space inside is enough to fit a small ring.

his eyes lingered on your face, trying to meet your eyes and once he did, he painted his lips with a sweet smile.

"y/n, i've been thinking about this... about how i love you and i know i'll never find anyone like you ever again. i know now that you're the only one i'll ever wanted to be together for a life time... so please," subtly, he opened the box and showed you the shiny diamond ring.

"will you marry me?"

"y—" before you could open your mouth, your eyes opened instead, jolting you from your sleep.

turns out it was nothing but a sweet sweet dream, waking you up only for a bitter aftertaste.

damn.

you watch how draken managed to hit another homerun that caused another uproar from the opposing team.

"what kind of sorcery is this?!" souta exclaimed, angrily throwing his mitt on the ground and was about to trudge towards draken but nahoya quickly stopped him.

"now, now,"

"ahh~" mikey stretched his arms and removed the glove on his hand, "let's go rest!"

without needing for another word, the boys run towards you— rather the bench. you smiled at them as they took their respective towels.

as your eyes drifted from the boys to the little bottle at yourside, you quickly lifted your gaze in search for mitsuya— the suppose owner of the tumbler you had brought.

but instead of seeing him walking towards you alone, you saw him, yeah, but laughing together with yuzuha. on his hand is a cold sweltering mineral water in a pink tumbler and a towel on his shoulder.

haha, yes, i completely forgot. there's already someone who's going to take care of him. it's alright, y/n, you need not to worry about him... because he can laugh now.

even without you.

when all of you are preparing to leave, boys done with playing, you didn't mean it but your eyes searched for mitsuya, and again you felt your eyes burning.

he was there, holding an extra pair of helmet but it wasn't for you now. it was for yuzuha who's on his side, smiling for him.

bitterly, you smiled. even if it hurts, you accepted that you weren't the one now.

"be happier, even happier than when you were with me."

your heavy foots steps crunched on the ground as you walked away, leaving all your memories of him behind.

and far behind you, there stood manjiro sano, hands on his pocket as he looked at you. proud that you've finally let go.

——

(have some of my messy sketch for this fic! ><)

If you liked the story, consider supporting the author: https://ko-fi

If you liked the story, consider supporting the author: https://ko-fi.com/kaelatte