[ chapter seven ]

venus' pov

venus' pov

so, apparently, my dad was here to meet up with us to talk about the situation that happened in africa.

"ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. my contacts all say he's building something. the amount of vibranium he made off with, i don't think it's just one thing." he said.

"what about ultron himself?" steve asked.

"ah. he's easy to track, he's everywhere. guy's multiplying faster than a catholic rabbit. still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

"he's still going after launch codes?"

"yes, he is, but he's not making any headway."

"i cracked the pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare."

"good for you." i said.

"yeah, well, i contacted our friends at NEXUS about that."

"NEXUS?" steve asked.

"it's the world internet hub in oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth." i explained.

"so what'd they say?" clint asked.

"he's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed."

"by whom?" tony asked.

"parties unknown."

"do we really have an ally?" nat asked.

"ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. still, i'd pay folding money to know who it is." my dad said.

"i might need to visit oslo, find our 'unknown.'" tony said.

"well, this is good times, dad, but i was kind of hoping when i saw you, you'd have more than that." i told him.

"i do, i have you. back in the day, i had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. so stand. outwit the platinum bastard."

"stevie doesn't like that kind of talk." i said, starting to smile while looking over at steve.

"you know what, fury?" he said. i just smiled more at him, giggling a bit.

"so what does he want?" my dad asked.

"to become better. better than us. he keeps building bodies." steve explained.

"person bodies. the human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. but he keeps coming back to it." tony explained.

"when you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." i snickered at that, "i'm still genuinely surprised at that mr. 'i cracked the pentagon's firewall.' " i finished, looking at tony. "okay, and what did you accomplish in high school?" "things that could get me to your level." i replied.