Chapter 15

I was woken up by the pilot talking over the intercom announcing that we would be landing in an hour minutes. I looked at my phone screen it was 1:00. We have been on the plane for almost 2 hours now, and we are probably going to be up later than usual with the 2 hour difference. I unlocked my phone changing the song to Whispers In the Dark by Skillet, recently i have been in this skillet mood. These songs, I usually listen to when im down or when i want an up beat song.  I looked out the window absorbing the view below me, thinking about Austin. To bad they dont let you text people while your on a plane.

I felt a hand land on my arm, interrupting me from my thoughts, I turned to face Ali while moving one side of my headphones off my ear.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?"

"No." I answered more sharply than intended.

"what's wrong?" she spoke with a soft expression on her face.

"It.. its nothing" I answered her quietly.

"its Austin isn't it?" she looked at me knowingly as if she can read my thoughts just by looking at me.

"....maybe"

"it is. i know you when your down or have a particular guy on your mind Callie... or in this case both."

"i know.. its just its going be forever till i get to see him again..." I trailed off.

Ali leaned over and gave me a quick yet meaningful hug, she pulled back and smiled at me and i returned the gesture.

I turned back to the window noticing how much different the view was than from just a few moments ago.at one point it can be a totally captivating view and then a dull view of grass.

~~~ Exiting the plane~~~~~

Once we got into the building, I unlocked my phone taking my phone off of airplane mode then locking it again and slipping it into my pocket. We walked over to the baggage claim area and waited for our bags. Once our bags got around to where we were, we grabbed them and walked to my moms vehicle, loading our things into the back. We all climbed in, and buckled up as she pulled out of the parking lot.

I turned the radio flipping through the stations to see what was on, I came across one that was playing Say Somethin. I paused for a second, then smiled and turned it up all the way and we jammed to it till it went off. After it went off I plugged my phone into the radio and listened to songs on my phone the rest of the way home . Once i was in my room I set my bags by my bed and sprawled out on my bed letting out a low huff. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled down my contacts until I came to Austin, I clicked on his contact to call him.

-ring. ring. ring. ring.-

"Hey!" he said when he answered. Instantly a smile broke out on my face.

"Hey!"

"Whats up?"

"nothing about to start unpacking"

"that sounds fun haha!" gosh. i love his laugh i thought to myself.

"Yea not really"

*hour later*

"okay well i have to go my mom is calling me to help her with something"

"oh ok... well let you go then"

"Bye beautiful" i blushed.

"Bye handsome" i smiled and ended the call.