CHAPTER EIGHT: LEIANNA JADE GARMADON

"Hey! Get your hands off me!" Leia screamed. She was scared and alone. She didn't even know if her father was okay. "Leianna Jade Garmadon. The embodiment of Life and future successor or Creation and Good. Welcome to the family." She was broken in her spirit. "I didn't ask to be part of 'this family'! I just want my old one back!"

Lei woke up. Her dream had her crying. She got out of bed and put on her gi, her hood, and then went outside to train. She was as silent as the wind and no one even noticed her. When Garmadon awoke, he heard soft sounds of fighting and went to investigate. "Wow. She is a wonderful warrior." He thought as he watched her train with a dummy. Hit after hit, she was precise and accurate. "Good morning." She said to him. "Good morning." He replied, startled by the fact she knew he was there. "Why are you training so early?" He asked the girl. "It helps me think and get the worry out of my system." "Well...do you want to talk about it?" She looked down. "Thank you for your concern but I would rather not." He respected her wish and left her alone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Focus! A sword is an extension of your arm." She was sparring with Kai on poles, battling with katanas. This had been going on for the past few days. She would train them, and they would fail to even touch her. "Tell me again why I'm listening to you? What do you know about katanas!? We saved you just last WEEK from people using katanas against you." She disappeared. Suddenly, she whacked him on the back with her katana and he fell. She then pierced his gi to stop him from falling. "You need to control your doubt and your mind to focus. If your mind is blunt from doubt, so will your fighting be." She said calmly. "Next!"

By the time she got to Lloyd, he was ready for her. He was already fired up about her beating the stuffing out of his friends and was ready to give her a piece of his mind. "Now don't go easy on me." He said. "I want it to be a fair fight." She chuckled and went for an attack. They were fighting with only their fists. "You gotta do better than that to beat Lloyd!" Cole said. Just as he said those words, Lei flipped clear over Lloyd's head and knocked him over. "Again." He got up and fought again. By the third time, he almost got her but had just missed and grabbed her hood instead. He pulled it off. "At least I get to see her face this time." He thought. "Lloyd, wait!" She pulled back and fell on her side. "Are you ok?" He asked. "Yes." She stood and covered her face. Her hair was in a wrapped up covering and only a strand of blond hair showed itself. Of course, the only one who noticed this was Zane.

"Why are you covering your face, Lei?" Zane asked. "Um..." They all looked at her impatiently waiting for the answer. "It's because where we are from it was not allowed for you to show your face and Lei can't stand the idea of breaking the rules, even old ones apparently." Xander was behind the ninja. "Xander! You could be a ninja if you weren't already busy!" Cole said. "Thanks." He replied. Lloyd gave Lei her hood back and she put it back on. "Come on everyone. I have the briefing Lei, and you ninja might want to hear this." When they got inside and made sure no one was eavesdropping they started the briefing. "Wait, remind me again why the ninja are listening to our CLASSIFIED information, tactics, and plans for the dark wars?" Lei said. "Wait, WARS?!" The ninja replied. "Didn't we tell you about this already?" Xander said in exasperation. "Um no, you did not!" Lloyd yelled. "Okay! Okay! Calm down, everyone." Lei started to put out the fires, "We have it under control and have been at this for a long time. It started with the overlord and quite frankly when we saw you weren't up to the task, we just decided to deal with the matter ourselves." The ninja were hurt. "We handled it just fine! And no thanks to you either!" Kai and Nya said. "Oh really? Then why did I have to go undercover to the cloud kingdom and make sure that the Overlord didn't just finish off Lloyd right then and there on the dark island's beach?" "Wait what?" Lloyd was shocked. "ANYWAYS," Xander exclaimed, "We have word from creation's position in the Never Realm that there have been attacks but the people can hold their own." Lloyd immediately thought of his friend Akita. "Destruction has been sent to the departed realm to put out the tension fires. And then we have Ninjago. Ninja, this is why we have called you here." He looked at Lei and she looked down. "The Warui have set up their headquarters on the dark island and are mining dark matter." Lloyd noticed Lei's fist tighten. "I'm sorry Lei- '' Xander started. "Not here, Xander. I am going out, please catch the ninja up on the details and history of the dark war. I will be back." She got up calmly and walked out of the room. "What was that about?" Jay asked. "Lei has a special attachment to this realm for some reason. Now that her ex-best friend is trying to mine something that is poisonous for her in a realm that is close to her heart, well I think that's enough to do some damage right?" They all looked down. "So, the Sami girl, the one on the side of the dark ones, that was her best friend?" Kai asked. "How is that possible?" Nya finished for her brother. Xander sighed as if the memories were hard to bear. "That is a story she should tell you herself." He said. "Now to the more pressing matters... the Dark Wars."