CHAPTER TEN: INJURY AND EXPLANATIONS

"Welp! It was fun while it lasted, Leia." Sami exclaimed. She let her robe fall and Leia's chains were undone. "Now, you are going to pay for what you have done. And even better, your family is here to watch you die!" Leia scoffed and took off her robe as well, showing her gi. It was white, accented with gold, copper, and lime green. "Leia, please don't do this!" Misako tried to reason with her daughter. "I already lost you once. I refuse to lose you again." Leia replied. Sami laughed. "That's funny! You always said that you liked living in the temple. Or was that all an act too?" Leia winced. "Listen to me Sami. This is going to end in a fight either way, but I would rather have something to fight for than fight without a cause." "I'm listening." Sami was intrigued. "If I win, you have to let me and family go and you turn yourself in. But if you win, you get to kill me and/or torture me as much as you like until you are able to get your blood-thirsty hands on my essence, but you have to let my family leave unharmed." "NO!" Garmadon struggled and tears showed themselves on Leianna's face. "Alright then. Let's begin."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One portal later, the ninja were back in Ninjago. "We have to go back!" Cole exclaimed. "It all makes sense now," Kai said. "Nya! Do you remember the girl that broke a hole in our wall when we were kids? When she protected you from the gangster?" Nya thought about it. "OMFSM! It was LeiLei! No wonder that name gave me Deja Vu!" "Would one of you care to explain?" Zane asked impatiently. "When we were very little, there was a girl that saved my skin from bullies once. We became really close friends after, but there was an incident and after that, she spent most of her time training with her uncle. She never came to see us again unless she had an order to pick up for her uncle." Kai explained. "So that was her?!" Jay said exasperatedly. "Yes, Jay. Keep up will you?" Cole said. "So that means she trained with Master Wu, is Lloyd's older sister and was keeping this secret the whole time she was here?!" Cole said. "You gotta admit, that's impressive secret-keeping." "Not the best time Cole! Right now we need to get Sensei, Lloyd, Lei, or whatever her name is, Misako, and Garmadon out of that realm!" Jay yelled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have been waiting for this moment ever since you killed my mother! Ugh!" Sami attacked and Leia dodged with ease. No one had thought to give her a weapon yet, or they just didn't care if it was a fair fight. "For the LAST time! I didn't kill your mom! If I did I would be lying and you know how bad I am at that." Leia said. "Oh yeah right! Like it was so hard for you to lie to your family about who you were!" Leia gasped. "That was different! It was for their own safety." "Yeah right!" Sami almost pierced Leia's shoulder and revealed that her weapon was coated in dark matter. "Aah." Leia winced and fell to her knees. "No!" Lloyd couldn't bear to watch. For the rest of them, it was torture to see their long-lost-thought-to-be-dead daughter and niece in pain and fighting for her life. Literally. "That is totally unfair Samina." Leia said as she stood up slowly. "This is my chance!" Sami thought. She threw her sword at Leia and she was barely able to dodge it. It sliced through her shoulder and Leia let out a loud painful groan. Misako winced at the sight of her daughter bleeding and Garmadon was about to blow up. "Ninja-GO!" Leia used her spinjitzu and knocked over Sami, sending her flying to the other side of the arena. She then formed an orb of light, colored with copper, gold, and slightly green flashes, and threw it at her foe. "Sami, listen to me! We don't have to fight! I know there is still some good left in you. Come on!" She was almost to the verge of crying. "I just want to see that you are okay. Please just listen to me." Sami reached for her hand but then drew a sword and stabbed Leia in the shoulder, pulling her down to her knees. "And that is why I always won in sparring matches. You let your guard down." And she got close to her ear and whispered, "And I will NEVER forgive you!" With that Sami pulled her sword down further and Leia gasped with pain. "YOU MONSTER!" Misako yelled. "SHE HAD IT COMING!" Sami yelled back sarcastically. Sami pulled the sword out of her enemy and Leia fell to her side. She tried to get up and fell multiple times. "Aw, what's the matter? Isn't it better to be stabbed in the front by a friend than the back by an enemy?" Leia just ignored her and got up quickly, flipped over her foe, and flipped her over. "You know, I thought about that move for a long time." Garmadon remembered the conversation he had with his daughter and smiled. On the other hand, Lloyd was surprised to see Leia's shoulder was almost completely healed. "Ugh! Stupid rehealing." Sami exclaimed. The girls started fighting again. Leia hit with extreme precision and almost always hit her target. Sami just tried her hardest to disable her enemy. "UGH! I've had enough of this. Bring out the dark matter bottles!" The family looked up and saw containers of glass dangling from the ceiling. They all contained a very large amount of dark matter. They surrounded Leia. "You are such a cheater!" Sami chuckled and cut all the strings. They shattered and Leia gasped. Lloyd was prepared to see the girl wipe off to show her skin dark but that wasn't the case. "What in Ninjago?!" He exclaimed as he saw Leia wipe herself off to reveal her normal self. "Wait for it...wait for it!" Sami told the audience and the enemy. Suddenly, Leia began to get really dizzy. She felt a ringing in her ears and screamed at the pain coming from her body as she fell to her side. Gasping for the breath that was hard on her lungs.