cook 2.0

sage's pov

We walked into the party, with middle aged, alcoholic parents drinking their life away in class. "Let's cock and roll, baby!" Cook yells.

"Isn't it lush?" Keyleigh, the blonde girl smiled, "Daddy says nothings to good for me." She swayed her hips as her yellow dress barely covered her arse.

I noticed that we were earning stares from people. "You got that right, babe. So, who you marrying?" Cook walked with Karen and Kayleigh attached to his hip, and he was slowly raising Kayleigh's skirt.

"Oh, just some guy. He's a bit of a twat." They walk off to get some drinks.

"When she said 'party'..." Freddie began as he looked around with concern.

"You thought she meant more of an acid-fuelled sex rave without the Mancunians." Katie finished his sentence.

"This is more..." JJ also began.

"Jelly and ice cream." Effy gave me a tight lipped smile. I watch Cook as he swigged at a glass of champagne. I notice that he was specifically getting looks. A man in white started walking over to Cook, Karen & Kayleigh, and I nudged at Effy.

"Dad!" Kayleigh shouts. They continue having a conversation between themselves so no one could hear them. The man gave a stern look towards Cook, and I thought that Cook's so-called fate was a bad idea.

"You twat. Didn't you know?" Karen says, we all began walking towards them.

"Fuck it, man. I'm just getting started." Cook smiled back at us.

Emily spoke up, "What's the fuss?" as she was as confused as I was.

"He's Johnny White. The gangster." Effy gave Emily a quick description.

"Yeah. Legend." Cook scrunched up his face.

"He murders those two nuns over a pint of Guinness." Freddie commented, making my eyes widen.

"Allegedly." Kayleigh looked back at Freddie. I noticed that Cook was looking at me with an unknown look to his mysterious eyes.

"I hear he once stabbed a policeman in the neck with a stuffed guillemot." JJ added into the conversation.

"That's so not true." Kayleigh defended her Dad. "It was a puffin." She rolled her eyes, giving Cook a stare.

"As if that's any better." I furrowed my eyebrows, and she shrugged at me.

"So." Cook smiles, "Who's for narcotics?" Cook asked everyone.

"Me." Karen smirks.

"Me." Kayleigh chimes in.

"Me." Effy obviously wanted to join in.

"Me?" Panda looked at Effy with an unsure stare.

We both slowly turn and say, "What?"

"I've decided I love drugs." Panda gave Effy a reassuring smile.

-

They all wander off towards the closest bathroom, and I stayed with Emily, Naomi, JJ, and Freddie.

"Anyone else think this night is gonna go tits up?" I ask the group as we all stood around awkwardly.

"I thought it already did." Emily smirked, and I raise an eyebrow at her comment. 

"I personally think Cook is up to no good." JJ raised his hand.

"Isn't he always?" I look at JJ, and I earn a laugh from the group.

Panda, Effy, and Katie walk out as they all laugh, Karen following after with an annoyed glare towards Panda.

"What happened?" I ask Effy and she shook her head. "Tell me."