thomas 1.0

sage's pov

I walk into the bar that Cook's Uncle Keith ran, and smirk at a familiar head of hair. He wasn't looking at me, but I approaching him and parked my arse on the seat beside him.

I take a chip out of his plate, and he looks back at me as his face drops. I munch on the chip, but give him a quick smile after.

"Your hairs changed." He comments.

"We didn't bring our straighteners." I smirk, and his smile grows bigger as he looks away. "We weren't allowed to use Anthea's..."

"So, how was your bath?" He asks, and I raise an eyebrow.

"What bath?"

"The one you popped home to take about three months ago." Freddie explained, and I laugh knowingly.

"Cook told you that?" I chuckle. "Right... Well, we went to Italy... Venice, to be specific." I chime.

"Italy?" He questions. "Venice? Nice." He nods.

"Si. How was your summer?" I ask as a cheekily took another chip from him.

"Not bad. Got chlamydia." He looks off, and I widen my eyes.

"Wow! Exotic." I joke. "It appears you had more of an exotic holiday than I did."

"That's what I said." He points out, "But then I realised Cook had it as well and it didn't feel quite so special, if you know what I mean." He explains delicately. "You are in an open relationship? I just realised I told you Cook was basically having sex with other people."

"Yes, we are." I confirm. "I bet it liked you more. The chlamydia." He looked at me for a moment before chuckling. "So, who gave it to who?" I wriggle my eyebrows mischievously, and Freddie shoved me.

"We didn't. There was an intermediary." He explains once more. I nod knowingly.

"And you're both all clear now?" I smirk as I look downstairs. He was quick to cover himself.

"Oh! Yeah, fine now." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Clear as a bell. Well, I am. Not sure about him, though." He refers to Cook, and I smirk. I look back and find Cook sat at a table playing on his phone.

"Do you think he saw me?" I whisper, and he shook his head.

"On you go." He nodded me off.

"I missed you, by the way." I plant a kiss onto Freddie's head as I sneak off to surprise Cook. He watched me longingly as I grabbed Cook's phone.

"You should be more aware of your surroundings." I tease as Cook's eyes land on me. With that, he engulfed me into a big hug as he laughed at my sight.

freddie's pov

Emily comes and sits next to me with a bored expression. "So what is it?" I question. "Is it my food or my winning personality today?" I smile, and she only gives me a glance before shrugging me off.

I take the hint and quickly shut up. "Have you ever... loved someone and then... something happens and... you wonder if perhaps you didn't ever know them at all?" Emily asked, and I couldn't help but think of Sage. I know it was bad. I know she was happy with Cook. "If you were with Sage, would you've trusted her?" She asked.

"What? No, I don't need to." I shook my head.

"But if you two got together, wouldn't you be worried she might go back to Cook again?" Emily asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I trust Sage with my whole heart." I say finally before taking off.

-

sage's pov