CHAPTER 4

*I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING IT. PLEASE COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. VOTE TOO.;) THIS WILL BE THE LAST CHAPTER WITH AN EXCERPT FROM ALLEGIANT. THE REST WILL BE MY WRITING. ENJOY!! ;);)

TOBIAS POV

I go to see her body . . . sometime. I don't know how long it is after Cara tells me what happened. Christina and I walk shoulder to shoulder; we walk in Cara's footsteps. I don't remember the journey from the entrance to the morgue, really, just a few smeared images and whatever sound I can make out through the barrier that has gone up inside my head.

She lies on a table, and for a moment I think she's just sleeping, and when I touch her, she will wake up and smile at me and press a kiss to my mouth. But when I touch her she is cold, her body stiff and unyielding.

Christina sniffles and sobs. I squeeze Tris's hand, praying that if I do it hard enough, I will send life back into her body and she will flush with color and wake up.

I don't know how long it takes for me to realize that isn't going to happen, that she is gone. But when I do I feel all the strength go out of me, and I fall to my knees beside the table and I think I cry, then, or at least I want to, and everything inside me screams for just one more kiss, one more word, one more glance, one more!

(MY OWN WRITING)

Then out of nowhere she gasps and tenses. I look up to see her open her eyes and look around. Her gaze falls on me and she smiles. "TRIS!" I say as I stand and kiss her hard. Not caring if Christina and Cara come raising over to her side. "I love you so much!" I say as I pull away from the kiss.

"I love you too! So much." she says.

TRIS POV

"I love you too. So much." I say. Then I remember what my mom said. I looked down and lifted my hand to my stomach and rubbed it absently.

"Tris what are you doing?" I hear Tobias ask me.

I look up at him and smile. "Tobias there something I need to tell you." Then an agonizing wave of pain hits me and I scream. The last thing I remember is Tobias screaming at Christina to get a doctor, and being lifted. Then everything goes black.

TOBIAS

When she screamed my blood went cold. Something was wrong and I knew what. Her body was starting to recognize her being shot. "Christina go get a doctor NOW!" I yelled and picked Tris up very carefully trying not to hurt her anymore than she was.

When I got to the infirmary Matthew was already there with a crying Christina. He immediately had me put her into the operating room, but said I couldn't stay. I tried to argue that I wasn't leaving her side, when he told me the more time I was arguing with him the more likely she was going to die. I immediately obliged and got out. I ran straight to Caleb. Even though I don't like him and could probably kill him right about now, she still is his sister and he deserves to know that shes actually alive.

Wait; I stop for a minute and think about the events that occured in the last half an hour. She was dead. I felt the ice cold touch of her skin. She had no pulse. How is she alive? Then I remember what she said before she started to scream. 'Tobias I have something to tell you.' she said as she rubbed her stomach absently. Why was she rubbing her stomach?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I got to Caleb, told him what was going on, and ran back Tris was out of surgery. I sat down next to her bed and put her hand in mine. Matthew came in five minutes later and explained what was going on. "We got all the bullets out safely. Its a miracle shes even alive with the existent of her injuries she should be dead right now; as a matter of fact she was dead about twenty minutes ago, so how shes alive is astonishing." Then his face changed, it softened.

"What is it? I ask alarmed.

"Tobias when we were looking for any bullets in Tris's abdomen we found something that I think you should know about."

Okay now he was rely freaking me out what was wrong in her stomach. "What is it, Whats wrong?'

"Tobias, Tris is pregnant.... with twins." he said hesitantly.

"WHAT? How is that even possible?" Then I get the flash back again. 'Tobias there's something I need to tell you.' Tris says while rubbing her stomach. "Oh my god; that's what she was goingto tell me when she started to scream." I say aloud. Now it makes sense why she was smiling when she said it.

"Im going to be a dad!" At that thought my blood runs cold, 'what if i turn out like Marcus? NO! i will not be like Marcus. I will protect my children, not beat them. I will protect my family!' I say to myself.

I walk over to Tris's bedside, bend down and whisper, "I will protect you and our kids, I promise you that."