Chapter 7 Return to Sender

As Echo 419 neared they Control Sector of the Halo Ring, the Pelican was under heavy fire! It swayed from left to right, avoiding the AA Fuel Blasts from Wraiths that were settled atop the valley whilst Banshees chased them down!

Echo 419: Six, if you're gonna get down there, you're going to have to do it now! We can't stay here!

Aris: Yeah yeah, got it! Athena?

Athena: Scanning. . . Done! Open the hatch and jump on my mark!

Dubbo: Good luck, sir!

Aris: Thanks. . . *smirks* but I won't need it!

The hatch opened up and the Marines held on tight!

Echo 419: Anytime now!

Athena: Three. . . Two. . . One. . . MARK!

Aris: Bye- CAROL! I HATE FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noble Six leaped out of the Pelican, diving down toward the frozen mountain range that held the Control Room! The sun had begun to rise, illuminated Halo as plasma shot across the sky and at Aris!

Athena: This is a nice view.

Aris: SHUT UP!

He twirled aside as the Banshees redirected fire on them, Echo 419 making its escape! Fuel Rods soared up from below and dive down from above! The Spartan III took a deep breath as he fell toward the first anti-air battery! Two Wraiths fired with a pair of Hunters guarding them! They were atop one of the many mountain tops! Aris's eyes narrowed as he began swaying from left to right, Fuel Rods passing him from every direction! With a yell, he crashed right into one of the Hunters! The sheer force blew out the air from beneath them while knocking the hulking beast back! Aris flipped off it as it fell to its death! Upon landing and turning, he faced both AA Wraiths and the Hunter!

Athena: I don't like these odds. . .

Aris: I've had worse.

The Hunter roared and Aris cocked his Shotgun! Noble Six dashed aside, Fuel Rod blasts tailing him and crashing into the snow time after time! Plasma fire rained down on him from a pair of Banshees, but he was just too fast to be hit! The flying vehicles fired their Banshee Bombs, both homing in on Aris! The Spartan swapped directions, running right at a Wraith! It's turret fired on him, but he masterfully strafed it's shots and jumped into its front, kicking off and backflipping over the Banshee Bombs and letting them crash into the Wraith! The other Wraith fired its Fuel Rods on him, but Aris threw himself back and rolled over his shoulder, boosting himself off the ground and landing on his feet! The Hunter fired in unison with the Wraith, but Aris dodged every single one, closing in on the Hunter! It swung its large shield just as the Spartan leaped up, hitting Six's boots and propelling him toward the Wraith! His Shotgun blasted the Grunt in the turret before gripping the side of the machine and rounding to its rear, shoving a grenade into its core before flipping off it! The Wraith erupted into flames just as the Hunter swung its shields down on Aris, who spun aside and blasted its side! It'a shield swung overhead, but he jumped onto it and flipped back, kicking the Hunter in the face before blasting it again! Springing up from the ground, Aris latched onto one of its rear spikes and pressed the Shotgun to its exposed rear and blasted out its insides! One of the Banshees ventures dangerously low and was hit by an EMP blast, curtesy of Aris's Grenade Launcher! It crashed into the ground, the Major Elite leaping out of it and igniting its Energy Sword, only to be immediately torn in half by the Shotgun! Lifting up the Energy Sword, the Spartan marched to the remaining Wraith, which was heavily damaged, and cut open its cockpit. The Elite looked up to see the barrel of a Shotgun.

Aris: Hi.

Moments later, the corpse was tossed out of the vehicle and Aris occupied it, the sword resting on his hip, and firing up at the last Banshee! It spun aside, avoiding the Fuel Rods, but as it tried to make a bombing run, three crashed into it and turned it to scraps!