six: Collide

♡ Scarlett Johnson 

"Kadence! Have you seen my beanie?!" I instantly recognized Drew's voice, when Kadence swung the front door open, as the brunette appeared by the doorway, breathing heavily and panting, trying to catch her breath. I stood up from the couch, and poked my head around the corner and gazed at Drew, whose eyes were filled with worry and panic.

"What? No," Kadence shook her head, as she gestured for Drew to step inside, before she closed the door shut behind her. "What do you mean? It has to be around here somewhere, I thought I brought it home in my bag when we went to change." Drew elaborated, but Kadence and I only exchanged looks of confusion.

"It's been three days since we've been to the amusement park, maybe you left or lost it there..." I trailed off, slipping into deep thought, but my heart sank when my mind drifted to the clear image of a certain blonde-haired and blue-eyed boy, with a bright smile on his face, the small dimple indenting on his left cheek.

Niall.

We had contacted each other, the day after we first met at the amusement park, but I knew it wouldn't last long when I tried to call him yesterday and he didn't pick up or reply to any of my messages. It's a good thing I warned myself about being let down, so I wouldn't get my hopes up too high, although, there's still that small part of me wishing we could still be friends.

Or even more than that.

Wait, what? What am I saying?

I can't be falling for a boy I've just met this fast. I just can't.

Scarlett, you're pretty much losing your mind. How much did that rollercoaster send you off in a frenzy that you lost your sanity too?

"Scarlett? Scaaaarrrr," A voice dragged out my name, interrupting me from my troubled thoughts.

"Er...w-what?" I stammered, blinking back in surprise.

"What are you thinking? Are you okay? You seem a bit pale, or something..." Drew furrowed her eyebrows, both of them gazing back at me, whilst I shook my head vigorously, seeming as if the simple action would wake me up, not only from the deep trance I was in, but also from reality, because even if I did like Niall, chances of him feeling the same way are extremely low.

I mean, I've never been in love before. How would I even know?

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine, just remembered something...never mind, nothing to worry about" I mustered up a smile, but they didn't seem to believe it at first, but soon, let it slide.

"That was my favorite beanie, I practically bring that almost everywhere I go," Drew huffed, sadly as she plopped down on the couch, and crossed her arms, leaning back against the cushion.

"Don't worry, maybe we can find you a new one." Kadence reassured her, as Drew sighed in response before nodding her head.

"Anyway, what're you guys up to?" Drew asked, casually as I plopped down on the couch beside her, bringing the textbook back on my lap and flipping through the pages.

"Just studying, we tried calling you but you weren't answering your phone so we thought you were out somewhere," I shrugged.

"Sorry, I was looking for my beanie. My room's an absolute mess, and it took me fifteen minutes straight to look for my phone, only to find it under my bed. How it got there, don't even ask, because I don't know either." Drew shook her head, and we chuckled.

"I'm seriously having a headache from all of these school work, it's too much, I'm so tired and exhausted that I could sleep for an entire year if that's possible." Kadence emphasized, running a hand through her hair.