one: Objection

❤ Scarlett Johnson ❤

"So I have this problem." Kadence blurted out while we were studying in my room. Drew and I looked up to see her sigh.

"This better be good." Drew closed her book. We were currently studying for our finals which was next week and since it's a Friday, we decided it best to study together at my house. Graduation is two weeks away and we're all practically smelling summer.

Kadence ran a hand through her hair for a dramatic effect. Meet Kadence Asher. The girl who has an attitude for being overly energetic and melodramatic. Reckless and outgoing. In other words, the reason for all of our mishaps and so-called adventures. I want to say that I didn't have fun and we could have gotten into a lot of trouble, but then I'll have to lie.

Except for the latter. If I were to read the handbook or constitutions, we would have broken at least half a hundred rules. We aren't really those type of badass girls who rides motorcycles and stuff. It's just those spur-of-the-moment and just-for-fun kind of thing. Nevertheless, she knows when to chill out a bit and take things seriously.

"I literally don't understand anything." She said.

Drew tilted her head and groaned. "Then let us understand something. Don't pull us in with your misery."

Meet Drew Fletcher. Usually known as the quiet one out of us three, doesn't open up too quickly, but once you get to know her better, she can be quite loud at times, constantly cracking jokes or pulling pranks whenever she had the opportunity. She can be a bit sarcastic at times, and there's only one thing her whole life evolves around: bands. Whether they're really famous or just starting out, she searches them up and if she likes their music, she immediately supports them. Bands are practically all she ever lives for, considering the countless of band posters plastered on her walls and the number of CD albums organized on some of her shelves. You'd usually find her listening to music all the time, but if there's one thing that could piss her off easily, then, it's pulling out at least one of her earphones whilst she's blasting music in her ears, because next thing you know, she could be chasing after you with a loaded shotgun in her hand; but either way, she's always there to cheer you up or listen and help you whenever you're feeling upset with your problems.

"No, wait. Seriously." Kadence continued. "This week's been so serious. We need to lighten up a bit."

Uh oh. Here we go.

Chill, I got this. Loosen up, will you? I know what I'm doing. Lighten up.

Then we end up in a no-trespassing zone or getting chased by the store vendor or thrown with a wooden spoon.

"And what exactly is your definition of lightening up?" I asked, eyebrows raised. I was ready to open my book and continue highlighting.

"Nope." Drew shook her head while reading her reviewer.

Kadence gaped. "What? I didn't even say anything yet."

"Better not hear it. I don't want to be clawed by a monkey or something." I laughed.

"You guys are unfair." She crossed her arms. "This is good, promise."

"You have 5 seconds." Drew declared.

Kadence grinned and looked at the both of us. "Amusement park."

Not bad, actually.

But judging Kadence's face, it could be dangerous.

"Your 5 seconds are up and it's still a no." Drew smiled sarcastically as if reading my mind.

"Why not?" Kadence pouted. "But there's a good one just a few minutes away."

Drew stood up and got some water from my mini fridge. "Because you're acting like a child right now. We won't be able to study. Finals is in two days, Kadence."

"It's just tomorrow." Kadence stood up in front of Drew and I watched in amusement. Drew almost always give in. Kadence just has a charm like that. Her childish behavior and persistent attitude made it hard not to. "Just one day. Then after that, we could study the whole day on Sunday."

Drew stared at her, contemplating. She looked at me and I shrugged.

"Fine. But we'll study after, okay?" She sighed, pinching her nose.

"Promise." Kadence nodded excitedly and hugged Drew.

What could possibly happen in an amusement park?

Oh, just about anything.

•••

A/N:

Hey there! Thank you so much for giving this book a try. :) if you didn't know yet, this is a collaboration between two great authors (biased) so we would be alternating for each chapter. check out our individual acc (its_complicated_ and nourryziamashtoncake)

omg. i cant get over zayns hair. my babys growing up so fast i cant even :(

vote and comment you guys

xx

kat

P.S. our chapter titles are song titles and this one's objection by shakira just because it sounds hella swag - ish (or somethin)