Ch. 30

He held his breath and leaned in to kiss her but the moment was ruined when Hannah's phone rang obnoxiously loud and they sprung back averting each other gaze. Jimin almost smacked himself for losing control. His cheeks were getting red because of embarrassment so he looked away.

Hannah searched for the phone and picked it up. The call was from the head of legal.

"Mr. Jeong, I was about to call you." She said as soon as she accepted the call.

"It's about Mon Jaebum. Did you do it?" The lawyer asked, frustration apparent in his voice.

"Yeah I did. That's why I was about to contact you. I needed your assistance." Hannah replied nonchalantly.

"Are you serious? You attacked him with a knife. He can charge you with attempted murder." The man frustratingly stated.

"He can't. It was self defense. I could've gotten hurt if I didn't do it." She plainly replied.

"You threatened him."

"Did he say that?I asked him to keep his mouth shut. Ahhh that bastard." Jimin's eyes widened at this sudden flip of character. Was it the same girl he just tried to kiss?

"He didn't. His father is causing the nuisance." The man sighed loosening his tie. This girl was sometimes too hardheaded for him to convince.

"Don't worry about him. I just need you call Do Yoon and look for something in Jaebum's phone. He's been doing stuff that he'd definitely want to hide. I bet you'll find something.And I'll send you the recording of today's meeting. Also prepare the documents I asked for till tomorrow evening."

"That Do Yoon thing is illegal. You can't hack someone__" the lawyer heard her sighing and understood. "Okay I'm doing it."

"Thanks." She chirped like she didn't asked him to do something illicit.
The call ended and she dialed another number, tha call was picked immediately.

"Call all the shareholders of Mon & Co. and offer them 5 times of their shares. Buy all of them. Arrange the meeting with me whoever doesn't agree. I want the process to be completed by the end of this month." She hung up and found Jimin gawking her.

"Do you want to go out tomorrow? I'm free till evening." She asked with and Jimin had to blink his eyes to make himself believe that it was the same person. After a moment, he just nodded his head in affirmation.

She lied down on bed trying to sleep but their was no sign of sleep. Jimin could feel her tossing around before he fell asleep.

A flashback of what happened in the evening came and Hannah shuddered. She took care of everything but it still was horrifying to think what could have happened if she wasn't strong enough to take him down.

An image of her body struggling under his gripped formed in her mind. She blinked rapidly to ignore it. 'Whore' the image insulted. It looked like the reenactment of the events in the evening, the only difference was that this time she was the one being tackled down.
She tried getting away from his grip as his hands started roaming on her body, touching everywhere. She screamed but the it was clogged up in her throat.
His hand on her mouth refraining any sound to come out. "It's a dream. Wake up. It's just a dream. Wake up.you're safe" she repeated again and again but the feeling was too real to be a dream.

A jab in the chest, blood gushed out and she saw her body drowning in her own pool of blood. It was silent, so silent that she could hear the blood moving out of her body.

Something stirred, her eyes finally opened as she tried to breathe, her lungs begging for air. Jimin woke up and saw her almost choking. He was about to reach out, when Hannah turned her head to the side of the bed and saw her bloody lifeless body lying on the floor, the sight made her stomach queasy.

The hallucinations were back too.

She shot up and ran towards the bathroom.

"What happened?" Jimin sat up and dashed towards where the girl was and found her bent over toilet throwing up. He sat down next to her and rubbed her back until she was done.

"It's just my stomach acting up. I'm fine. I'm fine." She weekly assured still in daze and felt two arms wrapping around her waist and pulling her closer until her head hit his chest.

After a minute or so, she felt something damp on her cheeks only to realize tears running down her face. Jimin knew something was bothering her. He remembered that one time she suddenly started throwing up after their argument.
His heart ached for her seeing her trembling slightly in his embrace. 

"Don't be scared. You're safe here." A distant voice said. She couldn't recognize the voice but it sounded gentle. The only word she could focus on was 'safe.' she was safe. "It didn't happened, just a dream." she murmured.

The voice said "Yes you're safe. Nothing happened. It was just a bad dream." The voice rang again and again until she realized it was Jimin's.

Recovering a little from it, she looked at him and found him already looking at her with soft eyes. He cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead muttering 'you're fine' over and over again, just to assure his own self. He was terrified seeing her running like her life depended on it.

After a while when everything  seemed to calm down, she rinsed her mouth, Jimin wiped the vomit traces off and picked her up to bed.

"Don't be afraid. I'm here." Jimin assured her when she grabbed his arm thinking he was leaving. He lied down with her. Sensing that she was hesitant to come closer, Jimin wrapped his arm around her, his hand rested on her stomach as her back faced Jimin's chest.

Soon they fell asleep, with Jimin plastering occasional kisses on the back of her head, Hannah's whole body engulfed in his arms as he held her closer to her heart.

Finally things were falling into place.