Ch. 45

"Aww. What happened baby?" He said swaying the girl in his arms, kissing her forehead and placed her in his lap.

"Don't cry Birdie." Just as he said it, another cry rang in the other corner of the room that was much louder than the first one. He sighed facepalming himself seeing the other twin cry. He picked up the first one and rushed towards the other.

"I'm here buggie. I'm here. Please stop crying. Your mama will be here in just a minute." He coaxed the crying babies taking out his phone.

"Where are you? I'm going crazy right now. They won't stop crying and I've no idea what to do." He whined on the call and the other person laughed at his whining.

"Jimin, I'm stuck in traffic."

"Ahhhhhhhh." He groaned earning another laugh from the other side.

"You know what I'm going to cry with them next time." He said and as if on cue both of the babies let out a cry again. Jimin cursed in his mind and then fake cried matching his pitch with them and he gasped loudly when both stopped crying and looked at him with wide eyes.

"Oh_ oh it worked. Did you hear that?" He exclaimed in happiness and relief.

"Yes I did."

"Okay I'm waiting for you." He softly said and hung up. He leaned in and bopped their noses saying "Mama is almost here."

He busied himself in playing with children and after sometime the door opened as she came running and Jimin opened his arms thinking she was going for hug but he was proved wrong when she engulfed the twins in her embrace. He waited for a moment then the girl turned around.

"What are you waiting for? Come on." She said pulling him in the group hug.

"Okay, I can't breath." Jimin said.

"I don't know why am I still friends with you." He said to Aera and she chuckled.

"Because you love me." She answered.
"I don't know what I'd do without you.
You know Yumi was impressed by your looks and she wanted you to be the donor. I literally had to beg her. Can you imagine how chaotic it would have been if yours and mine genes were to produce a single baby let alone two.

"Yeah. I don't even want to think what kind of creature it would have been. We might would have seen apocalypse till now because of them." He chuckled glancing at the twins.

"Yumi and I really didn't expect twins and I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm now a mother to two beautiful angels." She said looking lovingly at the boy and girl who were asleep after draining Jimin's all energy.

"Angels?" He raised his eye brow. "I only see two demons here."

"Shut up. You love them." She rolled her eyes at his comment. She still remembered the day twins were born. When Jimin came to meet them, Aera handed Areum, the firstborn, to him and he cried like a baby as the newborn squirmed in his arms. He completely lost it when the second twin, Jihyun, came in his arms.

He was whipped for both of them and the now 1 year olds were well aware of it.

"How have you been?" She asked now turning his attention to Jimin.

"Good." He nodded knowing where this was heading to.

"It's been 2 years Jimin. Don't you think you should move on?" There it was. The question that had been asked by his parents already and he knew that it wasn't Aera asking it, it was his mother's thought behind it. She had been trying to convince him to move on from her and Jimin was successfully and politely declining it for two years.

Two years was a long span of time. So many things changed in these years. He was less blunt with his remarks, more mindful of the words leaving his mouth. But the one thing that didn't change through out these years was his love for Hannah. He still didn't know where she was, he'd still panic whenever an unknown number would pop up on his phone. The nightmares were still there but feeling of love was getting stronger by the day.

At this point he even didn't care that she was with him or not. He'd love to have her by his side but even if she wasn't, he just wanted the girl to be happier, with or without him. He had tried finding her and was in constant contact with her right hand, Suho but no news ever came in the two years.

The only thing that gave him a little hope was that they still were married. She still was his wife. He'd smile fondly looking at the their wedding footage that he'd watched every Sunday religiously. Sometimes when his day wouldn't go well, he'd cry watching it.

One day he realized he didn't have any of her picture so he sat down and downloaded her every single picture that was on Internet. He felt proud of his work seeing his gallery now swarmed with her photos. But when it didn't satisfy him, he made drunk Jungkook send him all the pictures he had, the ones in which she looked happy.

"Move on from what?" He asked.

"Jimin, you know what I'm talking about." Aera sighed. This was going to be a difficult task.

"Do you miss her?" Jimin suddenly questioned.

"I do. She was a great friend."

"Is. She is. Don't say it like she's not__" he left the sentence incomplete and Aera understood what he meant. "But you can't spend your life like this."

"What do you mean by 'like this'? I'm perfectly fine. Happy. I babysit birdie and buggie. I'm getting hold of it and I might adopt a dozen of children and a puppy someday and it'll be happily ever after for me." He said with a smile on his face but Aera saw the pain in his eyes talking about happily ever after. His happiness now lied with Hannah. He himself had affiliated his happiness with Hannah even when he wasn't even sure that she was coming back or not.

"Jimin, you're__"

"Did she ever contacted you?" He asked another question.

"No." She replied.

He chuckled. "Do you remember what you said when you asked me to marry her? Do it for the sake of love you have for me. I never asked you this but I'm asking now. Will you do the same for me? Will you tell me if she ever reach out to you or she ever did?" He only whispered aware of the fact that if he raised his voice, he'd breakdown. Again.

"Jimin." Aera defeatedly said and he understood what it meant.

"Is she okay? Is she happy?" He wanted to beg Aera to tell him where she was and he'd run to her but he knew she was better off without him.

"She's okay. I don't know if she's happy." She answered. Hannah wanted her to keep it a secret when she called Aera a week after she and Yumi got married. It was about 4 months after she left- the last time and the only time Aera heard of her. She didn't even tell her wife Yumi but Jimin was___ Jimin. She couldn't help but tell him.

"Okay. Okay. I'm happy that she's fine and I hope she's happy." He nodded his head, looking up to prevent the tears from rolling down.

"Aera."

"Hmmm?" She hummed.

'Will you tell her that I miss her, the next time she contacts you?' he wanted to say.

"Nothing." He said.