CHAPTER 01

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

In Klaus's and Alexa's bedroom, a picture frame of Alexa wearing her blue graduation cap and gown on the nightstand. Smiling.

Alexa (VO) . . . . Hi, I'm Alexa. And I was a human having just graduated from college. Little did I know that my life would change after visiting the French Quarter.

Another picture frame of Klaus and Alexa at their wedding. Smiling.

Alexa (VO) . . . . I met him. The Original Hybrid. Klaus Mikaelson. As he and I got to know each other, there was something forming between us. Something intense.
But I wasn't swayed by Klaus's charms. Of course, Klaus is a bad seed with a damaged soul. But despite Klaus and his reputation, Klaus and I slowly developed affections for each other. Fell in Love. Married.

Another picture frame of Klaus, Alexa and Mallory smiling.

Alexa (VO) . . . . And now, Klaus and I have a beautiful daughter, Mallory Mikaelson. And Klaus and I will protect her. Always&Forever.

⚜️⚜️

3rd POV

In Mallory's bedroom, a 10 year old Mallory Mikaelson is drawing in her sketchbook, sitting on her beanbag.

Klaus slowly walks inside and gently leans sideways in the doorway.

Mallory glances up at her Dad and grins softly. "Hey, Daddy. Is Mommy home?"

"Not yet, Littlest Faerie." says Klaus with a grin.

"Okay." says Mallory.

Klaus and Mallory exchange soft smiles at each other. Klaus walks downstairs to the courtyard. Elijah is at the minibar drink bourbon.

"How's Mallory?" Elijah says.

"She's fine. Drawing in her sketchbook." Klaus says.

"Where's Alexa?" Elijah says.

"With Skylar in the Bayou." Klaus says, taking a swig of his bourbon. "You know, Elijah, I've never been more happy."

Klaus and Elijah exchange soft expressions at each other.

"Despite my darkness, Alexa and Mallory are my hearts." Klaus says. "But we still have some enemies out there in the French Quarter."

"Whatever enemies we may have, we will defeat them together, Niklaus." Elijah says.

Klaus and Elijah exchange soft expressions at each other.

⚜️⚜️

THE BAYOU