CHAPTER 10

Later that evening....

In Klaus's and Alexa's bedroom, Alexa is sitting on the bedside, glumly, fiddling with a new wooden knight that Klaus had made for Mallory.

Klaus slowly walks inside their bedroom and sees Alexa. "Have you calmed down?"

"Pretty much." Alexa says, and sets down on the wooden knight on the nightstand. "Leave me alone."

"Alexa? Don't do this." Klaus says.

"Don't do what?" Alexa says.

"Don't try to emotionally push me away." Klaus says to her. "Like I told you, whatever inner demons that we have, we defeat them together."

Alexa looks at him and her expressions softens. "I was feeding on that human girl, and I could hear her heartbeat with my vamp-hearing. And I wanted more. I'm a monster."

"You're not a monster, Lexa." Klaus says, and sits down beside her on the sofa. And gently soothes her hair with his hand. "You're the woman I love. And an amazing mother. But don't ever say that you're a monster."

Klaus and Alexa exchange soft expressions at each other.

"And Klaus, what I said to you." Alexa says.

"No worries about it, Love." Klaus says.

Alexa gently nods. Klaus kisses Alexa's forehead and gently leans their foreheads on each other's.

⚜️⚜️

Alexa's Outfit

Alexa's Outfit

At ROUSSEAU'S, Alexa is sitting at the bar counter, snacking on a beignet.

"Hi, Alexa." Gia says.

"Gia, hi. How are you?" Alexa says.

"I'm pretty good." Gia says, sitting at the bar counter beside Alexa. "How are you?"

"I'm pretty good myself." Alexa says.

"How's Mallory?" Gia says.

"She's fine. I've been helping her with Faerie magical powers. But other than that, Mallory is amazing." Alexa says.

"Okay." Gia says with a gentle smile.

Alexa and Gia exchange smiles at each other.

⚜️⚜️

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

In the courtyard, Hayley Marshall has told Marcel, Alexa, Freya and Skylar that Klaus and Elijah has been kidnapped by the Strix and has been put into a Chambre de chasse.