Chapter Eleven

Mia was sitting in bed. She looked up as Tom walked in. He was annoyed and Mia could tell. She looked at him. "What's wrong?" She asked.

Tom shook his head. "Nothing. Nothing at all. I'm fine. Everything is fine," he said.

"No it's not. I know you. And I know you're annoyed."

Tom rolled his eyes. "Just stop questioning me. I said it's fine. So it's fine," he said as he walked off.

Mia scoffed. She was annoyed with how he had been acting lately. Especially when they had been trying to work hard.

***
Mia went into work. She saw Esmè sitting outside. She walked over to her. "Men. Who would have them?" She said.

Esmè smiled. "What's happened?" She asked as she looked at her.

Mia sighed and looked at her. "Tom. He's been so harsh with me lately. And I don't know why. We've been getting on so well lately. I just don't know what's happened. I'm sick of it. We're having a baby. And he's treating me like I'm crap," she said.

Esmè smiled. "Welcome to my world. Max has told me he thinks I should get an abortion. He doesn't want us to have this baby." 

Mia took her hand. "Let's give up men and raise the babies together. We would be awesome baby mammas."

Esmè laughed and nodded. She looked at her. "If only. Maybe I should get an abortion. I mean, it would uncomplicate everything. I just... I care for Max. And I don't want to lose him."

"You should focus on yourself babes. Focus on you and the baby. Like I'm going to," she said.

***
Tom was sitting in the classroom. He saw Mia walking past. "Mia! I heard you badmouthing me to Esmè. Why?"

Mia rolled her eyes. "I wasn't badmouthing you. I was talking to my best friend. And what the hell happened to us not having problems with each other? We were okay last week."

Tom sighed. "Am I not allowed a bad day? Am I not allowed to have ONE bad day?!" He yelled.

Mia flinched. "Don't yell at me! I didn't do anything to deserve being yelled at! You're being an asshole and I don't deserve it!" She spat.

"Get out my face."

"Fine."

***
Mia spent the day in a foul mood. Tom was annoying her and she didn't do anything to deserve being yelled at. Especially when he was the one in the wrong.

Mia didn't mind he was having a bad day. She just didn't want him to take out on her. Especially when she had done nothing.

The door opened and Esmè walked in. She smiled. "Hey. I heard your argument with Tom. Actually I think the whole school did. Are you okay?" She asked.

Mia nodded. "I'm fine. I just want to know why he's bitching at me when I've done nothing. I'm always supportive of him. Asking if he's okay and he just snaps at me. I'm sick of it. I'm having his baby. And if this continues, I'm leaving. We've been so good lately. And it's just changed today."

Esmè took her hand and smiled. "It'll be okay. I promise."

But was Mia serious about leaving Tom?