Chapter TwentyOne

Mia knew how she and Tom were trying to make it work. Not just for them. But for the sake of their unborn baby.

She knew how toxic they had been in the past. But she wanted it to change. She wanted it to be better than how it used to be.

She didn't want the fighting around their baby. Mia was adamant about that. She knew how she had grown up around the arguments. And she didn't want it for her baby.

Tom was the same. He was trying to make more of an effort with her. But it wasn't easy. Both of them were struggling with making it work.

All Mia knew was that things weren't easy. And she didn't know how to make it work.

Morning came and so she woke in bed with Tom. Tom loomed to her. "Do you want some breakfast?" He asked.

Mia shook her head. "No. I'm okay thanks. I feel a bit sick," she told him.

Tom frowned. "Surely the morning sickness should have stopped by now?"

"I don't know. I just don't feel the best. I just want a cup of tea," she said as she climbed out of bed.

Tom nodded and watched as she walked out. He knew she wasn't herself. And he didn't know why. But he wanted things to be okay.

After a few moments, he climbed out of bed. He walked into the kitchen and saw Mia sitting there with a cup of tea. He smiled. "Hey babe. I can see you're struggling. But I want you to be okay. I want us to be okay."

Mia looked up to him. She smiled. "I know. And it will take time. But we will get there," she told him.

Tom walked over to her and kissed her. He smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Mia and Tom went into work. Tom kissed her and walked off. Mia walked over to Esmè and smiled as she saw her with Max. "Hey."

"Hey. How's my future niece or nephew?" Esmè asked as she smiled.

"Pressing down on my bladder and making me feel sick. I would have thought that the morning sickness would have gone by now," Mia said.

Esmè smiled. She was happy for her best friend. "Yeah. I don't know if that will change. But you know, you'll have baby soon," she told her.

Mia smiled. She knew she was going to do everything she could to keep her baby happy and healthy. But she didn't know if it would work with Tom.

***
Mia smiled as Tom walked into her classroom. She looked to him. "Hey how's your day going?" Tom asked as he kissed her.

"It's okay. I just... I don't know. I feel like it's all getting too much for me at the moment. And I'm scared we're going to mess up with our baby," she mumbled.

Tom pulled her close and kissed her. He knew how it was hard for her. And he just wanted to make it right for her.

"I can't promise that it's all going to be okay. But I can promise that we can try," he said.

The two of them kissed passionately. Not knowing how it was all about to change.