Chapter Seventeen

Tom smiled as he woke in bed next to Mia. He looked to her and saw her eyes opening. "Morning beautiful."

"Morning. What time is it?" Mia asked as she stretched.

"Just gone half 6. I have a surprise for you today. Can you be back here about 4:30?" He asked as he kissed her.

Mia nodded and smiled. She climbed out of bed and made her way into the bathroom. Tom picked up the ring that he had and smiled.

He couldn't wait to make her his wife.

***
The two of them went into work. Mia saw Esmè and walked over to her. "Hey. Tom has a surprise for me. Don't suppose you have any clue what it is?" She asked.

"I know exactly what it is. But I can't tell you. It's a secret," Esmè said.

Mia groaned. She looked to her best friend. "Come on Esmè. Don't be mean to me," she told her.

"Sorry. But I can't do that. I can't tell you what he's got planned for you. Sorry hun," Esmè said.

Mia pouted as she looked to her. "How's it going with Max? Or shouldn't I ask?"

Esmè sighed and shook her head. "Ask me an easier question. He's just impossible. And I can't handle it anymore."

"I'm sorry babes."

"It's okay. I love that you're getting your happy ending. You deserve it. For the sake of that baby," Esmè said as she hugged her.

Mia nodded and smiled. She sighed. "You're gonna find your happy ever after too."

***
Mia looked to Tom as he walked into her classroom. She smiled. "You're planning something. Aren't you?" She asked.

"I am. And I'm not telling you. Sorry babe."

Mia pouted. She looked to him. "So Esmè knows too? How come I can't know?" She asked as she sat on her desk.

Tom smiled. "Esmè has been helping me plan it. You'll love it though. I know you will. You're my forever. You and our baby. I love you."

"I love you too. Now can you tell me what the surprise is?" Mia asked as she pulled him close.

"Nice try. I'll see you tonight."

***
Mia walked into the staffroom. She saw Esmè who was crying. "What's happened?" She asked.

"Max dumped me. In front of everyone here. What the hell have I done wrong? I've done nothing but give him everything. And now he's just dumped me?" Esmè sobbed.

Mia pulled her into an hug. She smiled. "You're going to find your future. I promise. He's just not in your life," she said.

Esmè shook her head and smiled. She looked to her. "Nah. I'm going to stay single from now on. It's time I put myself first. Max can rot in hell."

***
Mia groaned as she walked back into the house after a long day at work. She got changed into a pair of leggings and an hoodie.

She walked into the living room and saw Tom. But what shocked her was everyone from work there. Each of them has a smile on their face.

"What's going on?" Mia asked as she looked to Tom.

Tom smiled. He got down on one knee and spoke. "Look. We've not had it easy. Our relationship. I love you so much Mia. And I want you forever. You're my future. Will you marry me?"

Mia stood there in shock. "I....I."