5.

Simon POV

The moment Wilhelm walked in I kept my eyes glued onto my conductor to ensure I wouldn't make eye contact with the prince.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to hold back the tears.

When it was finally time to begin, I shut my eyes tight and sang out what I had been practicing the last few days.  I lost myself in the song, and even did a little bit of improvised runs. 

But alas, my eyes flew open when I heard the noise of somebody abruptly standing up.  It was Wille, and he was as white as a ghost with tears streaming down his face that was covered by his shaky hands.  My voice lost a little bit of it's power at the sight. I continued to sing and finish the song.

My voice lost even more of it's power when I saw August stand up and follow him out.  Before I knew it, the song had ended and we were dismissed.  

When I stepped of of the stands, I noticed a piece of paper on the floor. Because Wilhelm always sat in the front couple rows, curiosity got the best of me. I picked it up and read the writing scribbled onto it.  My expression dropped in horror of the terrible words written... they were directed at me.  And in this case, more importantly, Wilhelm.  

I didn't know what to do.  As anger and sadness washed over me; I decided it was best I went back to my room before I did something I would regret.  

I walked as quickly as I could to the boy's wing.  When I finally made it to the dorm room hallway I ran straight into somebody who was also speed-walking.  When we got the chance to see each others faces, I saw that I had just ran into Wilhelm. 

Once he noticed that it was me he instantly began to run to his bedroom.  "No hey wait!" I called and chased after him.

He made it to open his door and dashed in, but i stopped the door from closing and grabbed his forearm.  "Wille!! Stop!"

Remaining in my grasp, he paused and looked at me.

"...I saw the paper on the ground" I told him.  He looked at me a little longer with a trembling expression.  Then he grabbed my other arm and pulled me towards him into a very tight hug.  It took me by surprise as he held on with all of his might. I slowly returned it.

We stood there like that for a few more moments in his room.  It felt overwhelmingly good to hold him again.  He abruptly pulled away.

He brought a hand up to his mouth. "I- I'm sorry I... I didn't mean to- I'm not-"

"No, you're good it's fine" I replied. There was an awkward pause. "Whoever gave you that note... they're the ones who should burn not you or me. As I said before; we did nothing wrong.  Please don't let everyone get to you." I said, trying to comfort him. 

"It's not just the note. It's August. He came in to "see if I'm okay" thinking he has the right to talk to me after what he fucking did knowing full well that I no longer consider him family." He replied with a look of fire in his eyes. 

"Wait, no longer considered family? What he did? Wille what happened over break I don't know about yet?" I saw a twinge of regret in his eyes.

"Shit- I um... uh did he not tell you?" No of course he wouldn't have told you; I heard him mutter under his breath

"Tell me what" I asked. He ran his hands through his hair. "What did nobody tell me"

"Simon August is the one who recorded and posted the video of us."

It took a moment to let that sink in. No wonder August got Sarah and I those rooms! "Oh my god... that fucking monster." 

I thought for a second. "Wille how long have you known?"

There was a short silence. "Since right before winter break..."

So he knew before he left, and he didn't tell me. "Wait you didn't bother to tell me that?! You knew before break and didn't let me know who happened to release the video that potentially ruined both of our lives? Why doesn't anybody else know! Why isn't he punished!" I started freaking out.

"As soon as I find out from Felice (long story) I called my mom to tell her and she already fucking knew. She told me to keep it quiet and that she completely forgave August for posting it. I was so mad, Simon. I told him he wasn't a part of my family that night. I didn't know what to do and you had split up with me I'm so sorry I didn't tell you-" He grabbed my hand.

I pulled my hand away. "And I meant what I said that day.  You are yet to figure out what you want.  We can still be friends but for a while nothing more than that I can't do this again. Well I need to go talk to Sarah, goodbye Wilhelm." With that I walked to the door. I felt a small twinge of guilt so I sympathetically looked him in the eye right before I walked out and closed the door.

Malin gave me a smile when she saw me emerge; I gave her a straight face in return.

I went on my way straight to Sarah's room.

I was expecting literally nobody to read this so ayeee 74 reads not bad thank you! Make sure you vote if you like ittttt