Chapter 52

"Ved, careful baby. You are going to fall, if you run too fast." Anuradha shouted from behind as her angry son, Vedant, ran over to their home. 

From the moment Anuradha walked away, breaking Vedant apart from his papa dearest, the little boy remained sullen on their way back home. 

The sulky Vedant turned around to his mother, "No. I am not your baby. Don't call me that! I'm my papa's big boy." 

"Ved!" Anuradha tried to take a hold of his hand, before she could even touch him, he sprinted. 

"Nannyy..." Vedant entered the home, crying his lungs out, calling his grandma for help.

"Oh! You guys back?" Avantika did not notice at first, actually what was going on between the mother and son. 

Avantika secured Vedant in her arms as he threw himself at his grandma for support. 

Avantika detached his face a little from her body to see him and she was saying, "Hey, why did you run like this? What happened? Where is Anu?"

Vedant hid his face onto her tummy as he did not wish to face his mother now. "Nanny, please save me from her. She's going to punish--"

Anuradha directed Vedant not to make aware of Avantika's response, she pulled him a little hard. 

"Ved, did you know what you just told me outside? Huh?"

"I know, you are so bad." Vedant couldn't worry about his safety when he was around Avantika, so he could speak without dreading his punishment. 

Anuradha just thought for a moment, she was not hearing her son. Her beloved son, Ved, never would ever make her feel this way. This all happened because of one person, Rakshit. Her blood boiled, anger rushing through her veins. Her mind blanked out as if she was not aware of her surroundings. She could only see Rakshit's face, the very similar smiling face of him at that dreadful night. It was enough to lose her control, and the next second she was shouting, "VED!"

"Anu, calm down dear. He will be afraid only if you react like this." Avantika stopped Anuradha from reaching him out, making her realize this was not the correct way to make him right. 

Anuradha turned around to avoid as many possibilities as possible from not looking at his face. Right now, she could only think Vedant was being the son of Rakshit, whom she hated more than anything. Why couldn't she think that Vedant was also her son? He was made from both Rakshit and Anuradha. They could equally claim their own rights on him as his parents. If it weren't Rakshit, she could never get Vedant, her dear life. She wanted nothing but to burn herself when thinking about how she had to bear Rakshit's genes, who happened to be her gem. 

"Ved beta, how could you speak like that to your mother?" Avantika looked down at the little boy who's grumpy more than ever. As he was getting older, he was getting desperate for his father's love. That's what makes him turn against his mother. 

Avantika added further, "Don't repeat it ever. You know, she loves you a lot. Such words will hurt her."

But Rakshit's little fanboy exploded, before she could even imagine. "You are lying, nanny. She's not a lovely mother. She's a kind of bad mother in cartoons and stories." 

That's it! Anuradha lost it again. She held his shoulders and was asking, "What have I done to be so bad in your eyes?" 

"You're separating me from my papa. All these years you have been hiding me from my papa, now he found us, yet you don't let us be together." Vedant put his heart out before her. That's what he gathered with his little knowledge.