Chapter 55

Rinisha drank herself into oblivion, thinking how to put words correctly to persuade him. Seemed like a big task before her and she was ready to give it a try. 

On the other hand, Rakshit looked like a calm water. He got a fair idea regarding why this sudden meeting. Rinisha's father-- Mr. Vikram rang him in the morning and spilled some of his mind. From what he acquired  Mr. Vikram wrath, without effortlessly he drew a picture of what she was up to. 

Rinisha turned her gaze on Rakshit, preparing herself for a long conversation. 

"My dad, he is the best dad in the world." A smile etched on her lips, speaking about the favourite person. "I couldn't even imagine a life without him being my dad. And that's what he is. The old man loves me a lot..." she trailed off, taking a moment to tell further. "Or that's what I believed until last night." She sighed, peeking through her lashes, found his stone cold face, willing not to give in any sort of reaction. 

She started again when he was staying mute. "He broke my trust. I can't believe my dad? He can do this to me?" Her eyes cascaded on him. A muscle in the face did not move, the same cold emotion, again. 

She found herself shaking with anger and irritation. Expecting him to move his teeth was not possible, and without any other choice she asked, "Won't you ask me why I called you here?" Her hurt laced voice had long forgotten replacing with her petty annoyance. 

Rakshit cocked his head to her side. "Go ahead, Rinisha. I am all ears. You are about to come to the point, I guess." His ever so soothing voice caressed her ears.

"Yeah, I was about to..." she smiled, nodding her head. He was not tedious  on her at least. 

"My dad told me or should I say framed against you a lot of allegations. Things happened from your back in college days to the latest one to... um... your marriage." Her eyes closed by the time she finished where her fingers turned to a ball, when going back through her father's words. 

Her eyes clashed with his. She gave him an assuring smile, hoping he would not misunderstand her. "I don't believe anything he tells me." 

Rakshit raised his eyebrow, "Why? Which one you cannot believe? Or you don't trust your father?" He was expecting this kind of approach from her or she would not have got him here in the first place. 

"I did, but not anymore." She said honestly. Her father was a villain in her eyes now. "I am not a kid to blindly believe him. How could he lie in my face? Especially your marriage thing and Vedant being your son. He did not--" 

Rakshit thought to interrupt her rant or she might have kept going on. 

"As far as those facts are making you either angry or hurt, they're true." His sharp merciless words thrust on her hard. 

"What?" She acted dump, afraid of accepting reality. Both men were saying the same thing. "No, No, No..." she shook her head vigorously. "You two are lying." She pointed her painted fingers at him. "You are lying! Dad was lying! You both are playing with my heart. I won't believe it! I won't believe it ever!" She looked no less than mad now. 

"That's your problem, not mine." He shrugged. "Whether you want to believe it or not, Radha and I are getting married in two days. And Ved, he's my certified son. My own flesh and blood." His declaration was a little bit hard to take to her heart. He was cruel man after all.

"NO!" She screamed. "This is not possible..." She tried to take a hold of his hand, but he stepped back. Not minding his action, she went on, "This can't be possible ever. Dad, accuse you of being less than a criminal. He disgraced your character. I understand, dad is angry. You called off our marriage and your relationship with that servant, and even worse you hit me before my family. Everything might have taken a toll on him, but yet... He has no rights to throw mud on your face. I won't agree, though I was mad at you." She made herself a trustworthy woman for him.