Chapter 53

It's a quick update, so it's a lot of errors. If you find a sentence incomplete or a spelling mistake, please tell me. 

"Stop it!" Anuradha decided to break the freezing silence. 

Rakshit furrowed his eyebrow in confusion. "Huh?"

Anuradha and Rakshit were sitting in her living room, as per she called him over to talk about something important which had not been disclosed yet. After Avantika's ultimatum, Anuradha was miserable to make a decision on either of the options. And last she made it after being a lot of debate to herself, and that's why her biggest enemy or nightmare or whatever was sitting in front of her. 

"I said stop doing that." Anuradha closed her eyes, annoyed. How much she wished to kick him out of their home, but she couldn't. Because she was the one who called him to meet her, she was competent. 

"What?" Rakshit asked innocently. His eyes do not even dare to move from her furious face. A sly smile on his lips. 

"Staring," Anuradha huffed. For the past fifteen minutes, since he had arrived the only thing he's doing is nothing, but staring at her like she's the most mesmerizing thing he'd ever seen.  

"Staring? What staring?" He acted coolly, still his eyes on her as if challenging her to do something. 

"Don't play your innocent card to me." She screeched like a tigress. Her hands aching to pull out his eyes. How dare he? Can't he be a gentleman for at least some time? 

His brown orbs twinkled in amusement. She seemed like a fiery cat. Only he knew how much he was controlling himself to not pull her cheeks, and kiss her fuming red nose likewise he wanted to pamper her face with enormous kisses. And he was already aware of his limits at least for now, so he could only sit back watch and drool over her.

Anuradha wanted to get over with the matter as soon as possible, but him being a jerk of the century, how could she let him show his attitude. So she was saying, "I have been seeing you for years. I know you are anything, but innocent. And I'd realized myself the bare self of yours without this innocent facade."

"Probably you'd seen it, Radha." He shrugged as if it's an obvious thing. "You are my child's mother after all." A smile formed at the corner of his lips, but he didn't let it bloom as if he wanted to hide it from her bare eyes. 

"What do you mean?" What's so funny that made him smile? She failed to get the entendre. 

"Nothing," he forcefully took his eyes off of her for the first time after he came here. If he continued with his challenging staring mission, he might have ended with a black eye. 

Meanwhile Anuradha was pondering over her previous words whether to check, she said anything bad or funny that made him smile. And while doing that a particular word struck her, 'Bare', and the exact moment his eyes collided with her. 

"Rakshit!" She jumped from her place literally. 

"Radha?" He was still playing cool. This time his eyes were smiling at her.

"Arrr..." she sat back down, dejected, holding her head. Her fingers were irking to pull out hair in frustration, not her, but the cocky bastard- Rakshit's.  

She shook her head, muttering, "it's not going to work." 

"We haven't tried yet. How could you say, it's not going to work then." Even though he was not sure about what's going on in her head, he couldn't stop himself from saying it.