Chapter 2

"Enna ipdi sudden ah? Enga porom? Ethavathu problem ah?" Sarah kept questioning him while they walked towards his vehicle.

"Ulla po" AD said as he opened the back door to let her in.

"Vaipe illa, police jeep la laam eara mudiyathu.. ellarum pakuranga, ninga enna arrest panitu pora maari iruku, en reputation enna agurathu?!"

Sarah can be extra sometimes. She wanted him to become ACP but gets annoyed if he behaves as a police. It's impossible for him to unlearn the behaviours he developed throughout the years; but AD exactly knows how to handle her tantrums.

Sarah hates everything related to his job as much as she admired him as a police officer. She craves for him to behave like Akil at least around the family. Sometimes she even facepalms herself for influencing him to choose that career.

"I dont care, ipo vandile eruriya illa nan una thooki ulla vaikava?" AD asked with a straight face.

Sarah couldn't argue anymore. She knew he will do exactly what he said with that expression on his face.

"Fine!" she said before getting into the jeep.

Few moments passed by both being silent before Sarah decided to break it.

"Ethavaathu soldringala please, enaku pathatamaa iruku"

"Veetuku poite soldren"

"Apo athu varaikum na yena yethu nu yosichite irukanuma, paithiyam pudikuthu"

AD zoned out and remained silent. His mind went to the discussion he had with the commissioner. He thought about how to disclose this information with Sarah and family. He was worried about how she would perceive it. He was creating a conversation in his mind and try putting it all up into words what he could explain to her later.

"Yean unga apartment ku vanthurukom?" She asked as soon as his car entered his gated community.

"Nee enkuda than iruka pora"

"Ethey?!" Sarah asked in shock.

"Unaku keatuchu."

Sarah rolled her eyes. She had one thousand questions in her mind. She decided to keep it till he explained to her what was on his mind.

AD unlocked his house door and let her in. This was her fifth time here in the last 4 years. Nothing has changed much except for the added extra corkboards with pinned paper cuttings, sticky notes, criminal/suspects photos which he had on one side of the living room. Sarah sighed seeing it and plopped down on the couch.

"Hot Chocolate?" asked AD as he was about to enter the kitchen.

Sarah was surprised he still remembers her favourite drink. Whenever they met, they've always been around their parents. Her mother and his mother always made their food and drinks. She didn't expect him to have noticed it.

"Athelam onnum venam, ena problem nu soldringala please? En mandaiye vedikuthu" said Sarah controlling her surprise.

AD couldn't hold it anymore. He pulled a chair and sat in front of her.

"Sarah, unaku itha epdi soldrathu nu enaku therla.." he said with concern.

"Vaai la than ACP" she said annoyed.

He glared at her. She crossed her limbs on the couch and settled comfortably.

"Seri sorry sollunga, enna?" she asked softly.

"Unna oru periya gang kadatha poranga"

She burst into laugh after hearing that.

"Sirikaatha" he said seriously.