Chapter 11

Ajitha, AD, Jeeva, Ranjith and Akash were seated at the conference room in AD's office. Ajitha and the boys were exchanging few information while AD stayed silent. His hands were on the table fiddling his Silver bangle (Kada), staring at noting in particular, half listening to his mates conversation.

"It's been 48 hours since Sarah was abducted but we still haven't got a call from the kidnapper! Isn't it strange? ithuku munadi lam the families of the victims always used to get calls for ransom like just within a day or two! Unless they caught someone with the intention to kill, apo kuda within a day body kedachirum! Sarah ku ennadhan aachu?"

Ajitha was frustrated. She used to be praised by her circle for her intelligence and effectiveness in solving cases. AK gave her enough hard time once and now this case is driving her crazy. There was no clue or evidence and they couldn't find Sarah's whereabouts.

"Guys, namma ethayo miss pandrom.. Its not just another kidnap. Sarah avungaluku ethuku venum? AK details matum vachitu thedi entha use um illa.. He kidnaps people for money! Avana seiya sonathu yaaru??"

"Avan David gang aalu thaana? Apo David than solirkanum" Jeeva shrugged.

"David kicked out AK 6 months ago! He is not working for David anymore.. athan prechanaye.." Ajitha clarified.

"Apo avan kandipa Sarah fan ah thaan irupan, oru obsessive psycho va iruntha? Sarah mela aasai pattu thookitu poiruntha? I mean she's quite famous you know" Akash suggested.

AD stopped fidgeting his bangle and exhaled deeply shutting his eyes. Ajitha noticed AD and felt bad for him. She knew very well Akash wasn't wrong either. There are many possibilities.

"I really hope he is not" Ajitha sighed while her eyes still fixed on AD.

"Anyways lets focus on Sarah.. avaloda full background check pannunga, her school, college, theatre ella circle um investigate pannunga.. previous victims and Sarah kum iruka similarities or mere connections ennanu parunga.. We need to know if anyone proposed her or if she proposed anyone.. and oru content analyser hire panni ava social media comments fulla check panunga.. abusive or suspicious ah ethachum iruntha highlight panunga.."

The boys left the office leaving only AD and Ajitha. AD kept whirling his bangle on the table while he was lost in his thoughts. She closed her case files and looked at AD. Her heart was heavy.

She got up and walked closer to him. She leaned against the table near him and half sat on the table.

"Ithukuthaan blood lines and close relative case ah handle panna kudathu nu solluvanga" she said softly.

"I didn't know it has anything to do with Sarah till Comissioner gave me the files.. I tried my best to protect her.. Enna meeri ellam nadanthirchu.. I feel so worthless.. Ellam ennala thaan.."

"Common, It's not your fault AD.. ithu nadakanum nu iruku.. nama avala kapathirlam.. Dont blame yourself.."

AD looked up at her, lifted his hand near her and formed a sign with his thumb and index finger with less than an inch distance between both fingers.

"I'm this close to a breakdown, Ajitha"

That broke her heart too. She resisted all the urge to move in and hold him close to her chest and let him cry his heart out. She didn't wanna scare him. After all, his heart belongs to someone else, she thought. She put one of her hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

"En instinct solludhu.. Sarah ku onum illa, she'll be safe nu.. Trust me.. You take a backseat, I'll save her, for you!"

"Enaku AK venum! Uyiroda venum! I wanna show him hell once we get him!"