Chapter 17

David held his wife tightly as she continuously sobbed on his chest. They were sitting on the bench outside the treatment room where Ron was laying unconscious while the doctors try their best to save his life. They wondered who dared to touch their dearest only son and how he ended up injured that badly in their old house.

According to Mrs. Regina, Ron was the only good thing that happened to her, post marriage. She hated David leading a mafia gang and found solace in spending her time with Ron. She wanted to raise him in the best way possible, teaching him all the good things.

He was indeed an obedient and well behaved mumma's boy until he was 16, until his father started to praise AK frequently and cant shut up about him, until he doubted his stance in his father's life and empire. Even though Regina hated everything Ron did to earn validation from her husband, she couldn't hate her son. It's been 2 weeks since she saw him flesh and blood. She didn't expected to see him again, soaked in blood, with multiple wounds all over his body.

According to David, Ron wasn't the ideal son. He was flawed. Spoiled, to be honest, but he was his son. The worst pain a father could ever go through was to see his child dying while he was alive. David couldn't cry. He had to be strong for his wife. She had him to lean and cry. Where will he go?

When Kandhan was questioned about how he knew Ron was hurt, he couldn't tell the truth.

"andha valiya ponavanga Ron nu terinjathum modhala enaku phone pananga ayya.. nan nambala.. irundhalum manasu kekala.. thambi friends ta keatepo avangalum palaya veetuku ponaru nu sonanga.. padhari odi poyi paatha ipdi kedantharu ayya.. thambi kann mulichathan teriyum ennanchu nu"

David was half a century old friend to Kandhan. He usually predicts David's moods and actions easily, (better than David's wife) but when his son was on the deathbed, Kandhan wasn't sure if David would still support AK or forgive him. It felt terrible to lie to the miserable parents but he still did it for a greater good.

Ron's friends and followers on the other hand, knew Ron's side of the events until when he reached the old mansion. They told David everything Ron did the previous day to get Sarah, including kidnapping Shiela and plotting AK's murder.

David was shocked. How could all this happen behind his back? Has he become so inefficient?

David was angry. Why AK didnt tell him that he was hiding Sarah in his old mansion? How did Ron dared to touch the women who David wanted to keep safe, no matter if it's Shiela or Sarah.

David was worried. What happened to Sarah? What happened to AK? Who has beaten Ron to death?

He called Sarah but she was unreachable. He sent his men to find her hoping to find out more details from her.

*******

"Sir!" Akash exclaimed demanding AD's attention for what he just saw.

AD took out his pen, squatted and lifted the tore piece of blue cloth Akash pointed out. He took a close look at it before putting it into a transparent bag and seal it.

"Idhu Sarah odatha irukuma" Jeeva suggested earning a quick glare from Ajitha.

She denied it "Not possible. She was wearing a black and white renaissance dress when she was kidnapped" that truly brought a slight relief to AD for everything that happened in the past 24 hours has only made him angry and anxious.

The interrogation with Mr. Devaraj had revealed about an unexpected connection Sarah has with David's gang. He was so mad at his dad for hiding it from the rest of the family for all these years. An exasperated AD went straight to David's place without even reporting to the commissioner, hoping to find Sarah there, since he thught they would have wanted her now. Ajitha already told the team AK wasn't working for David anymore and raiding David's place will only bring unnecessary attention to the case. AD however was adamment. He reasoned it as a policeman's instinct.