Chapter 18

Sarah slept soundly. She was exhausted after all the turn of events. The blowing wind was so soothing. His shoulder wasn't as perfect as a pillow, but after all the nights she slept on the floor with her hands as a pillow, his shoulder felt definitely better. The sitting position wasn't comfortable. Her body already hurt so badly. She still managed to sleep well despite waking up in blinks when the lorry hit bumps or breaks several times.

AK couldn't sleep. Not after listening to all that Kandhan has said on the phone. The peculiar affection, care, and protectiveness he had for her only increased. Poor Sarah has gone through so much. He wants to wrap her carefully, hide her close into his arms and look after her well. Kandhan's last words still ringed in his ears. He won't ever stop hearing them. Stuck between the girl never wanting to let go and his responsibilities.

"Enna vaazhka da idhu" he sighed, taking in her sun kissed sleeping form. The end of his lips curved up on their own.

She held his upper arm firmly even in her deep sleep. He liked the way she was pouting and frowning; but he didn't like the way she was being disturbed by the strands of her hair which were dancing to the wind's tune. His fingers slowly graced them and tucked into the back of her ear.

He rested his elbow on his knee, his head on the back of his palm and admired her for the rest of the way till they reached the destination.

The lorry stopped near a mansion. It was a 5 story mansion with many tiny houses. The place was quite crowded. The people there spoke a different language and the whole place seemed unfamiliar.

AK nudged Sarah to wake her up. She peeled open her eyes and squeezed them with her fingers. "Maa eranganum vaa.." she nodded and followed him. He got down first and waited for her. She tripped a little and was about to fall because she wasn't fully awake yet.

He stopped her and asked her to sit at the edge, then extended his hands and gripped her around her waist. He lifted her and slowly let her stand on the ground. His face and her upper body was just less than an inch away. She slowly slid down, holding his shoulders while their gaze were fixed onto each other.

Their hands were still around each other as they were lost in each other's eyes till they were brought back to reality by the lorry assistant's voice. He closed the back of the lorry and bid bye to AK and Sarah.

They were immediately welcomed by a stranger. He said he was sent by Kandhan and brought them into the mansion. Sarah circled her hands around AK's arm and pressed her tiny fingers on it. Held squeezed her fingers with his free hands in assurance.

They followed the stranger till he stopped in front of a door, supposed to be their place of stay. He unlocked the door and asked them to go in. He gave AK the bag he brought with him and gave some instructions "indha veeta suthi nammalunga epavum irupanga.. Vandha vela mudiyura varikum tension illama irukalam.. Edhu venalum call panunga.."

His eyes trailed to Sarah and her hands around AK's then back to AK "Kandhanna sonnadhu nyabagam irukatum!" in a rather warning manner then left. Sarah left his hand once the stranger left and walked into the house to look around while AK locked the main door. He then followed her and watched her.

Kadathitu vandha maariya iruku? Thiruttu kalyanam panitu vandha maadhiri la iruku..

The house was only halfway done. He wondered if all the houses in the mention looked the same. The bricks could be seen as if the builder forgot to finish it with cement. They could still live there though. There was a small kitchen and bathroom apart from the living area that doubled as a bedroom. The kitchen already has some cooking necessities. Kandhan has already arranged everything for their stay.