the past is calling

Celeste  went back to her room where Amelia waited for her. "hey Amelia whats up?" she asked.

"so it's true, your actually doing a mission with him?" She said excitedly.

"yep." Celeste answered. walking towards her vanity and sitting down.

"do you...think maybe you can talk me up with him?" she asked. Celeste turned in her chair while pulling her hair up with a clip.

"of course, but if he cant see how amazing you are then he's an even more idiot then I thought he was. What do you guys even talk about?" Celeste asked finally getting up and slipping of her blazer.

Amelia put her hands on the the hips of her long black dress. She looked at the wall then back at Celeste. "now that I think of it, we have only ever talked about you." she said.

Celeste sprung her head around and let out a loud laugh. "Well there you go, thats your problem, don't talk about me, talk about you and your interest all the things you can do, make him see how amazing you are."

Amelia smiled at Celeste and walked over to her bed and sat down. "so whats the mission?" she asked.

Celeste could see that Amelia missed being in the field. She took a blue folder from a desk and handed it to her, "here, this is everything we know so far."

Amelia grew a smile on her face as she opened the folder and swept through the pages.

Celeste re applied her lip gloss and inspected her face in the mirror. "uhhh Celeste."

"yeah." Celeste responded turning and leaning against her dresser.

"did you read the background profile on this guy?...Alvin?" she asked with a bit of worry in her voice.

"no not yet..." Celeste responded scanning Amelias face and placing it with concern. "why whats wrong?" she asked.

"he was one of our best assasins before he left and he is traing people to be like him, Celeste your going to have to go through a group of trained killers to get to him, another killer whos better, older, and has more experience than you."

"wow thanks for the confidence boost..but Im also a killer remember. They will all have to get through me." Celeste replied with a smile. "plus I'll use Lorenzo as bait." she added with a wink and a smirk.

Amelia rolled her eyes, "you better not kill my future husband."  Both girls laughed. Celeste looked over at the time and read 1:03.

"okay well do you want to get our nails done today, and maybe a full body wax, Im feeling hairy." Celeste asked with a giggle.

"yeah, let's do it, Im going to try and kiss Lorenzo tomorrow or tonight. You know, tell him to be safe and that Im worried for him, make him think I really care." Amelia replied.

"wow, you really thought this through, Im sure he would love that. I cant imagine the mafia boss gets much compassion from people very often."

Amelia nodded with a proud face. "okay well, lets do it at the salon downstairs, I dont want to leave."

Celeste burst out into laughter. "your telling me you have a salon in your house, at your beck and call, and you thought we were going to go out and get them done!"

Amelia rolled over onto her feet. "shut up and get changed so we can go soon."

Celeste went into the bathroom and closed the door. While she was in there Jake came to the doorway of Celeste's room.

"hey-uh, um Amelia, is- is uh Celeste around?" He asked looking Amelia up and down.

"yeah she uh is getting changed." Amelia responded folding her arms in front of her hoping to cover up her flustering.

"Okay, I can wait, um what the hell are you wearing?" he asked with a smile. Amelia laughed, she was wearing a long, loose, black dress that went down to her back calf and went as high as her collar bone with long sleeves.

"shut up, Its italian courtacy, this is what they wear."

"but its not what YOU wear, if this Lorenzo guy wont take you as his wife just because of your clothes then are you sure you really want him as your husband." Jake explained closing in on Amelia and walking into the room.

Amelia looked up at him, their faces inches apart, She started to move. in but stopped herself and turned away. "Its not up to me. This is an arranged marrage to help the family and business and I will do my part as much as everyone else." she said still facing the other direction not wanting to face him, knowing she would tear up.

"I understand that but-" he walked around Amelia and grabbed her hands and looked her in the eyes. "You cant sacrifice love for your familys arrangement, they can choose someone else Amelia." he said squeezing her hands.

She looked at his green eyes and then at his lips, she missed the way they felt on hers, she missed the way Jake's hands felt on her. But then she thought of her father and her uncle, Celeste. She knew if she turned down this marriage Celeste would be next to offer up, she could never do that to Celeste, Celeste isn't the marriage type.

"Im not sacrafising love, Im getting married to Lorenzo, I believe I can love him." Amelia said with a crack in her voice. Jake looked taken back by what she said.

"do you not already have love for someone else Amelia," he asked now grabbing her forearms trying to get her to look at him but her  head was turned the other way.

"I do not." she said without hesitation. Jake dropped her arms and stepped back a step.

"you've changed, the old Amelia would never lie when it came to love." and with those words he walked past Amelia and stopped in the door way. "tell Celeste I stopped by looking for her." he said.

Amelia turned to face him but he was already gone. She sniffled and let  tear fall down her face. The bathroom door started to open and Amelia turned to face the wall wiping her tears and patting her face to rid of the possibility of red puffiness.

"hey whos here?" Celeste asked zipping up her hoodie. Amelia turned her face completely different. A smile on her face and her eyes dead as ever.  "Jake stopped by, he just needed to see you but but he left and told me to tell you he needs to talk to you." Amelias face was calm and true. Her expression read calm and happy. Celeste smiled and crossed the room.

"thats why your all giddy, you should have told him I wasn't here and kissed him, I wouldn't have intterupted."

"nooo Celeste, IM not compromising this arrangement." she said folding her arms infront of her.

"wow what did they do to you, your so.......tame. Tell the old Amelia if you see her I miss her." With that Celeste walked towards the door. "come on I think Im going to just get black on my nails." Celeste added walking into the hallway.

Amelia took a deep breath and smoothed out her dress before following her cousins from the room.

Some say the scariest thing you are taught in the mafia is killing and the lack of morals. But I would disagree, the scariest thing taught in the mafia is the ability to hide emotion and expression so well no one would know how you truly feel. A trait you don't learn living in a happy family. Its something you learn when the one thing that could get you killed is your emotions.