Chapter 13.

Liesel? What are the odds? While I focused on having my own mental breakdown, I could hear Dustin calmly explaining that he was, in fact, not a Witch in the slightest.

"I have to say, I am a big fan of your culture though, and find it really cool!" he finished. "It's always been a dream of mine to do magik someday, even though I know that's silly. But, nterestingly enough, my other friend here is a Witch. It's actually pretty ironic, because he's-"

My eyes snapped open. "He's about to be leaving now actually," I cut in.

"Aw really. That's a shame. We'd make a great team." She seemed to pause for a moment. "Hey, do I know you by any chance? Your voice sounds super familiar to me. My name's Liesel!"

"You shouldn't give out your name online. Anyways I have to go, have fun without me bye." With that I clicked the x on the chat room, and closed the lid of my computer.

Reclining back into the plush of my swivel chair, I swung my legs out of the desk before leaning into a full rotation. Unfortunately, I hadn't realized my headphones were still plugged in, and as I turned the wire yanked the computer to the floor with a crash.

"God damn it!" I cried, picking it up and inspecting it. At least it seemed to be okay.

"Crow! Not in this household!" my mom called up the stairs.

"Fine! Gods damn it!" I replied snarkily.

"That's not what I meant and you know it."

I rolled my eyes. My sister was out of the house anyway, so I didn't feel too bad. I placed the computer back up and put it on my desk before flopping onto my bed. Why was this girl everywhere lately?

Maybe I should have asked her how her dog has been with the potion I gave her, but still... She was definitely a person that I could only take in short doses at a time, and today was not the day. I lifted my head off my pillow as I heard my phone ding with a message. It was from Dustin.

Hey guess what! You'll never believe this, but that girl we just played against actually goes to our school. I just said I knew a real life apothecary, and she said she actually got a potion from you the other day, and you were able to cure her dog from this nasty disease. Isn't it crazy how small the world can seem sometimes? Like everything is connected.

Yeah, crazy, I replied, trying not to laugh at his random enthusiam. At least he was happy. I was about to put the phone down again, when another text, this time from Elliot, caught my eye.

How have you been, Crow? For once, I don't have a large amount of projects or homework to do this weekend, and I was wondering if you would like to come over? I'm very interested to hear what you've been up to, especially with your new "classes". Let me know if you can whenever you are available.

I thought about what I had to do for the day. No work as of yet, and I had managed to fulfill my promise to Dekoran that I would have all my books read, so my schedule was pretty open. I saw Dustin texting me back, asking if I could play a few more rounds, since we only got the one in. I glanced at the computer, then at Elliot's messages.

Oh what the hell. It's been forever since I've seen him. With that, I told Dustin I had already promised to hang out with a friend today, to have fun with Liesel, and let Elliot know I'd be there soon.

☾⛤☽

With a swerve, I pulled my bike into Elliot's street, tucking it on the side of his two-story house. I went to text him to let him know I was here, but before I could even pick up my phone, Elliot was standing on his front porch, his thin frame lying on the support beams.