3

Chapter 3: Salvatore Sandwich

      "So," Nala abruptly speaks, her hands jumping up to nestle themselves under her chin. "—tell me, is it like a ritual for you guys to make a new friend and immediately submerge them into your antics?"

      The moment Caroline's foot pressed on the brake, before she could move the toggle into park Stefan was out of the car. "It's just a bonfire for spirit week, don't tell me you're older than us and yet we know how to have more fun," She teased, french tips lifting up to gently poke Nala. "Ruffle your tail feathers a bit."

      "Is that a challenge?" Falling all too easily into the party vibe, Nala swiftly grabbed a drink, the solo cup filled to the brim with a strong smelling amber liquid. Raising the cup in a cheers, she chugged, ignoring the burn that made its way down her throat until the cup had nothing left to offer her.

Brown eyes darted around the party, teens coupled up and dancing without a care in the world. In the far left corner she saw Stefan and Elena fighting, the seemingly careless vampire shrugging off the encounter.

One man in particular, however, caught her eye. He sat confidently on the log directly in front of the bonfire, women of all different stages of intoxication were sneaking glances his way, much like Nala herself. She didn't blame them, he was handsome, with steely blue eyes and dark hair that seemed to frame his mysterious face like a dream. Nala's thighs clenched in anticipation at the sight of him. "That man, over there," Her smack was slightly harder than she anticipated, but Caroline didn't seem to care.

       Bonnie followed her line of sight, her lips pursing down into a frown upon realizing who she was talking about. "That's Stefan's older brother, Damon. He's trouble."

       "All the sexy, bad boy types are." Flicking her hair behind her neck and filling two cups, Nala sauntered off towards the man she swore to herself would be in her bed by the end of the night. "Your girlfriend is brave leaving you here alone."

Meeting her gaze, Damon drank in her height, legs for days and a smile pretty enough to stop any sane man's heart. "She would be, if I had one." Pointing down to the second drink in her hand, he continues. "Your boyfriend must be very understanding, coming back to see you with me."

"No boyfriend," Handing him the cup, Nala stepped closer, eyes never breaking eye contact with the man before her. He smelled expensive, like cologne and bourbon. "Thirsty?"

"You have no idea."

Taking a seat next to Damon, she crossed her legs, the heat of the bonfire warming her up nicely. "So, if you don't have a girlfriend what are you doing here alone?"

"Just keeping an eye out for my little brother," She watched his eyes slide over the crowd, his brows settling when he locked on his target. Lifting the solo to his lips, his attention reverted back to her—God, his lips were sinful, top thinner than the bottom but seemingly soft all over. "You've got a little drool there," He confidently points to the corner of his mouth, a smirk stretching out against his timeless features.

Damon leans back, shoulder squaring out in the black button up shirt he sported—one, two, three buttons undone and a generous amount of chest on display. "Good, I'll use it on you later." Before he could even come back with a sexual remark, she continued. "I've been told you're a bit of a bad boy around here," Her foot salaciously rubbed on his leg, gently moving higher and higher before bringing them back to herself—she didn't miss the way his hand moved to sit over his crotch.

"Now, who told you that?"

"I'm not one for snitching, Damon."

"And you know my name?" His left brow quirked up. "I feel like you have an unfair advantage over me."

Laveau smiles, her second cup now half-finished. "I'm Nala," Caroline waved at her, signaling for her return. "Remember that, you'll be nutting to it by the end of the night."

Damon's eyes widened, half excited, half astonished at her words, a chuckle pushing past his lips as he watched her walk away. She was one of Elena's friends it seemed, Nala falling into step with Caroline and Bonnie like it was second nature.

"I like her," Stefan's abrupt presence made Damon jump, his smile disappearing at the sight of his emotionless brother.

"Oh, really?"

"Definitely, if she's what it takes for you to stop watching my every move."

Rolling his eyes, Damon stood from the log, mood ruined and boner deflating. "Oh, get over yourself brother. You aren't who I'm watching."

       In reality, Damon was supposed to be at the bonfire solely to distract Rebekah, figure out why she was still here and Klaus wasn't—he couldn't have just left her without a reason, especially after finally creating a successful hybrid. The Mikaelson in question was sitting over on the other side of the bonfire, she was alone but seemingly content with roasting her marshmallow on her lonesome.

      "Elena is actually over there watching her friends chug cheap beer," It was supposed to be a jab, and usually Damon enjoy the banter with his brother over Elena but tonight he didn't have the energy.

       With his flip switched, Damon felt his younger brother was becoming too much to handle, he was used to being the bad one and having the roles reversed was an uncomfortable change of pace.

        "Speaking of such," Referring to the plethora of trash alcohol, Damon yearned to be back at his boarding house and vast array of perfectly aged bourbon. "—my taste buds are demanding something better than some bottom of the barrel keg." Passing his brother the solo cup, Damon parted with a fake tight lipped smile.

          Bee-lining it for his car, a body collided with his side, curly hair whipping around as a familiar face sheepishly smiled. "My bad—"

           "You want to ditch this lame ass party with me?"

           Nala smirked, dropping her cup in a trash can and sending a quick wave to Caroline, she was off and soon, more would be too.