30

Chapter 30: Pillowtalk

        "Haven't seen you in a while," Damon mumbled, his nose resting atop Nala's sex with his forehead firmly rested against her crack. He'd come over a few hours after she'd gotten back from her night in the woods in the middle of Nala making breakfast—swiping countless strips of perfectly crisped bacon. "Missed you."

        She peeked back at him over her shoulder, her freshly washed hair now a little frizzy after the few rounds of hot sex. "I missed you too," Nala turned, forcing the vampire to lay beside her instead. "What'd you even do without me?"

        "Funny you should ask because it just so happens that I've been promoted to detective."

        Nala frowned in confusion. "I'm not following."

        "Liz Forbes, she wanted my opinion on a murder that happened the other night."

        "Hm," She hummed, slightly uninterested but putting up a front for her lover. "Was it Stefan?"

"Wasn't anything supernatural," Damon admitted, his bright blue eyes were accented by perfectly dark eyelashes that fluttered each time he blinked—guys always got the good shit. "The medical examiner was murdered by a human."

Nala reached his gaze, brows furrowed in confusion. "If it wasn't a vampire then why do you give a shit who killed them?"

"Because, the only print she found on the murder weapon was Elena's."

Her interest wasn't any more piqued than it was before—the mentioning of the superficial brunette sending her into a never ending chasm of boredom. "When does this get interesting?"

He flicked her forehead, his bottom lip bitten between his teeth in a grin. "Was that jealousy I heard?"

        Nala scoffed, her hands subconsciously running through his dark strands, scratching soothing circles in his scalp in hopes to sooth him into silence. Not that she didn't adore his voice but she was so worked up thinking about all the new spells—all that untapped power that was waiting for her just a few stairs away and the worst part; she wasn't even allowed to tell him. She couldn't practice on him or prove to him the true extent of her magic—not until Marie gave the go ahead. "Jealous of Elena Gilbert? You must be joking—look at her and look at me. She's not even close to being in the same class."

          "You cocky little minx."

          Laveau rolled over, straddling her bare legs over his waist as she peered down at him with a glint in her rich coffee brown eyes. One slender hand slid down the expanse of his bare chest sending a shiver down Damon's spine. "It's how I landed you."

          "That and a helpful little spell."

          "Don't blame it all on the magic," Nala tutted her tongue while simultaneously tapping the tip of his nose. "I only added it to the equation after I was sure you shared mutual interest."