A Good Cry

Big Red looked out his window. He saw Ashlyn drive up to her house. He ran to his front door, quickly swinging it open. "Ash! Babe!" He called after her, running to catch up with her as she and her parents got out of the car. She ran over to him. He wrapped her in a hug. "Hey..."

"Hey." She sniffled, already putting her head on his chest. Her parents went inside and they were left standing there.

"I promise you guys will talk. So much." He whispered.

"I'm just not ready for someone who's practically my brother, even if he's my cousin, to be at college. And... he is." She cried.

"Love... come on in?"

"Yeah." She nodded a little.

"Mkay." He put his arm around her, walking her into his house. He handed her a blanket as she sat down. He left, came back a few minutes later with two things: the blanket in Big Red's room she had been stealing every time they were in his room since she was about 7, and tissues. He put it over her, after taking off the previous blanket he had given her before realizing she would probably like the other more.

"Thank you, Biggie."

"Doing what I can." He kissed her forehead.

"Wanna watch a movie?" She suggested, lying down on his lap.

"Sure. Like... one to cheer you up or for a good cry?"

"Um... hm... good cry." She decided.

"Get it out." He said, gently stroking her hair. "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Only getting away with that because your sad, Ash."

"So you'd argue with me if I wasn't upset?" She faked a pout. He smiled lightly.

"Of course not." He held her hand. "Whatcha wanna watch?"