2- The Suspect

13th September 2021
ROSÉ

Is today ever gonna end?

My shift is taking forever to end and I'm getting bored here. Also the cigarette smokes and sweaty people are starting to gross me out.

But sadly, it's my job. I work in a bar as a bartender and that's what, ironically if I may add, keeps me going. Financially tho.

I watched the tiny clock on the wall strike 6:30 and I quickly took off my apron.

"Hey Miss, a drink?" A burly man called after me not long after I jumped over the counter.

"Sorry, my shift's over!" I hollered and ran out of the bar joyfully.

"Hey you little Chipmunk" Jungkook ruffled my hair as soon as I got out and I giggled.

"I'm your noona, you bunny!"

"But I'm taller than you" "Only by four centimetres" I held up four fingers and he laughed then put his arm around my shoulder.

"Ah, I love those four centimetres so much Chipmunk" He sighed and stuck his hand in his pocket.

"You'll see, I'll make up for them and be taller than you" I said and pulled his nose.

"Ow! Noona!" His arm left my shoulder and he clutched his nose.

"At least my hand can reach your nose, Kookie" I patted his shoulder and he stared at me sadly.

"My nose is bleeding..."

"What?" I came closer and saw some red on his finger. "Kook ah.." I removed his hands but was surprised to see a bloodless nose.

"Gotcha!" He pointed at me and wiped his finger on his handkerchief but I grabbed his ear.

"Noona!" I was pretty sure that scream was heard from two blocks away. It was followed by a wimpish whimper.

I let go of his ear when I saw his big eyes taking a turn to aegyo land.

"What was that on your finger though?" I asked him and took his hand.

"Ink from my teacher's pen Noona" He told me cheerfully.

"You stole your teacher's pen??"

"He said I could have anything I wanted. And I saw this bad boy" He fished out a pastel pen from his pocket and looked at it proudly.

"What did you do?"

"He stepped on my foot unintentionally" He told me and I blinked.

Jungkook could be a crybaby sometimes...

"Okay. Let's go home, I'm hungry" I said and covered my mouth as I yawned.

"Yass! Me too! I want ramen!" He jumped excitedly and I laughed.

"Sure Kook" I rubbed his ear and he pumped his fist.

My best friend can be so childish at times but I love him for being himself.

JUNGKOOK

Noona and I got to her apartment and I helped her make our dinner.

"Noona you forgot the spices" I said and handed her the spices.

"Thanks Kook" She took them from me and continued cooking.

I took a ladle and stirred the spaghetti after she added the spices and she patted my back.

"Thank you" She pinched my cheek and I giggled.

"Can we watch Netflix after this?" I asked her, referring to the cooking.