Chapter 4: not flirting

Tetsurou Kuroo

Walking back down into the lobby of the cinema, I saw the clerk still behind the counter. I approached him as usual, conscious of uncle Bo's stupid and wrong words. I grabbed him a bag of sweets and handed them over to be scanned.

"Good movie?" He said casually, and I responded with "yeah. Idiot up there that dragged me out is scared of it, but I'm enjoying it."

"Cool. I haven't seen any of them, so I've no idea. Probably a little too much for me.." he said with a little chuckle, stroking the back of his neck. His hair flopped up as he did, and awkwardly rested on his hand. He handed me the sweets, but I stayed there, definitely not flirting.

"Busy day?"

"Yeah, the worst. Who in their right mind puts one person in on a Sunday?"

"I know, that's crazy! I'm lucky now, I've got the week of for Christmas. The little one is off school as well, so we've got a fun week."

"Ah, good for you two then. He with his mother...?" He tentatively asked, and I got the idea that he knew it was a rude question, but asked it anyways. I liked the nonchalance he had, so said "no, with my parents. It's just me and him."

"I see...well, you've done a great job with him, he's very polite."

"Thank you....not many people say stuff like that.."

"Really? I was just being polite..."

"Yeah, it's...tough, sometimes, but Kazuki gets me through it. I'd best go, my friend will be crying by now, see ya!"

"Bye..."

See? That wasn't flirty at all! I'm so not into him.

I trudged back to my seat and threw the sweets at Bokuto. He smirked at me, and said "you were a while~"

I raised my hand to smack him and he said "don't you dare! If you two have just had a quickie, I don't want your sticky hands-OWWWW!"

He deserved it. I would stand by that in court.

The movie finished pretty soon after, with a really cool ending I have to admit. Bokuto was crying his eyes out because a character he liked died, and I was just reminding him that this was, in fact, a SAW movie, and that everyone dies at some point in them.

I was making my way out of the cinema with the sobbing idiot, when the blond worker came up to me and said "you left this on the counter" before shoving something in my hands and running off, his shift over.

I just said "thanks"  and put it in my pocket, not even looking at it. Bokuto hadn't even noticed, and had drawn a crowd who probably thought I was kidnapping him. I shoved him into his car and took his keys, driving off towards his house.

He'd forgotten to bring his keys with him, so I knocked on the door and was met with a very tired Akaashi. He didn't speak, just let a now asleep Bokuto slump against him. I decided now would be a great time to broach what Bokuto had mentioned earlier.

"Hey, Akaashi.."

"Yeah?"

"You and Bokuto have been together for...what, 5 years now?"

"Yes....?"

"....you ever think about getting married, starting a family, that kind of stuff?"

"...yeah, sometimes...but I don't tell Ko."

"...why not? I'm sure he'd love to...."

"I know he would, we've spoken about it, it's just....I'm worried about it. I don't..I don't wanna fuck it up, so I'm putting it off." he dropped his gaze, and I gently gripped his hand.