Epilogue

Epilogue

They both stood at the glass window of Bright's tiny apartment as they stared at the sky, watching the bright new sun slowly enticing away the darkness away, welcoming it with chances of light that Win had always hoped for. That one day, a sudden bright light would be dragged into his dark world.

In the abyss of the purest form of love, light was found. And they became each other's light; a ray of hope in the middle of darkness. They became the sunlight of each other's life. Giving each other a new light of the day, flowing away the sheets of life that went astray without any expectation.

A light indeed could create a breakthrough; it shattered all the barriers; it had cleansed and refilled the shadow of the void.

Bright's arm slid around Win's waist and he pulled him closer into his chest, hugging him as he buried his face on his neck before, peppering his bare shoulders with kisses.

Win ran his hands up and stroked Bright's arm that was wrapped around his stomach. He turned to face Bright and reached for his cheeks, pulling it closer to his before his plump lips closed over his in a slow kiss. He pulled back so he could look closely at the man, and he could see the pure happiness glowing in his eyes, making him choked up in euphoria.

Bright flopped down on the chair near his bed, pulling Win to slumped into his lap, and Win let out a squeal as he wrapped an arm around Bright's neck. Then their eyes fell down to the thin, pale yet sparkly silver jewelleries enfolded in Win's finger; it was the old ring Bright gave to him and a new engagement ring.

"I love you, my hubby," Bright solemnly whispered sweet nothings in Win's ear and the latter's smile widened at his words, like it was a therapeutic drug.

"We're not even married yet," Win retorted.

"It's just the same."

Win laughed and looked at him for a good long seconds as his soft eyes reflected the sunlight in his heart. He looked back at the sunrise, his heart swelled with love, erasing all the tension from his body. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and feeling the fresh morning air brush over his skin.

Amidst the fear of the unknown; amidst all the chaos and uncertainties, he was certain that he would love him, always and forever. As he glanced back at Bright, electricity pulsated across his skin as Bright's eyes lingered on him. "I love you more, love."

Win languidly traced his fingers on Bright's arm up to his bare shoulders. It travelled through the other man's face and he reached his jaw.

"Are you seducing me, mister?" Bright hoarsely said, his breath hitching, as if intoxicated by the warm little touches of his fiancé.

"Of course not! I know you're still sore," Win retorted, the next words were said in a whisper. A playful smirk crossed his lips when he witnessed a glint of recognition passed against Bright's face when his words took him back to what happened last night, his cheeks heated as it painted a deep crimson all the way to his ears.

"I have a surprise for you..." He continued, flashing an innocent, charming smile full of affection.

Bright's hand found Win's thigh before an answer was given. "What is it?" He tilted his head and looked at Win as if deciphering a puzzle; a million thoughts running around his head as to what it could be.

Win just formed a sweet smile and detached himself to Bright's hold, ordering the other to just fix himself up and Bright willingly submitted to his fiancé's demands.

"What is this, love?" He whined like a kid as during the drive to wherever they were heading to, he was wrapped in a blindfold.

"Just stay still. We're almost there," Win exasperatedly hissed.