It's A Long Drive

Chester's doctor was almost an hour away. They were only 6 minutes into the journey.

Chester was folded over in the seat looking like he had food poisoning. His face was turning the colour of paper. 

Parker on the other hand was going red, trying to not speed and go as fast as possible before Chester's condition worsened.

'Okay, so we're on out way to Chester's doctor right now, uh- Chester do you think this guy can actually help you?' Parker had many doubts about this so called 'doctor' Chester had.

'Yeah,' Chester sounded constipated, 'I've been going to him for over a year. This guy's really smart.' This guy was beginning to sound more and more convincing.

The streetlights were bathing the path with a dim, cream hue. Parker didn't have time to enjoy that the roads were empty and they were on one of the prettiest streets in the town, his best friend was in agony.

'Okay..' Parker was slowly being convinced this guy was a proper doctor.

Chester began to fold over even more, his head was almost touching the front of his chair, Parker slammed the accelerator even harder.

They began to approach the town the doctor was based. Houses were passing in a flash, streetlights didn't even have a chance to shine on their car.

'Turn right.' A Satnav ushered Parker to turn into an estate, a housing estate.

'It doesn't look like a doctor lives down here bro.' Parker shook the Satnav to see if it was broken.

'Turn left in 50 yards.' The automated voice spoke again.

All street signs were vandalised and houses were crumbling, cracking, and almost falling down. This neighbourhood looked almost abandoned.

Parker almost missed the turning as it was so overgrown, he swerved around the corner and Chester got up to see where the doctors office was.

'Okay, it's right here.' Chester pointed at the dimly lit brick house at the end of the road. This house was in a bad condition, vines hung down over the bricks, graffiti was plastered on the side, the door had cracks.

'You have arrived at your destination.' The Satnav was broken right? It must've been.

'It's here?' Parker was expecting a proper office if he had to travel this far, not a run down house.

He pulled up on the curb outside, and finally got a better view at the house, 'This is not a doctor's office! This is someone's house!'

'Yeah, Doctor Mumley practices out of his house.' Unfortunately Chester isn't that good at detecting red flags.

Parker looked up from his phone almost instantaneously, 'There's no legitimate doctor that does that!'

'Dude, I feel really sick! Let's just go in, come on' Chester began to unclip his seatbelt and open the door.

'Okay, come on.' Parker couldn't think of anybody else at this time, Chester not having health insurance didn't help much.

They both got out of the car and Parker assisted Chester ,who had began to hunch over once again, walk over to Doctor Mumley's front door.

Parker knocked.

An old man, around his 60's, answered the door in  an off-white vest eating a can of tuna.

This man wasn't Doctor Mumley... Was he?