Two Months Or Joe Freaks

We were in our new home for almost two months and it was perfect. Shade and I went on several dates that he let me approve of but kept saying that on our second date, which hadn't happened yet, we were making love all night. It was a promise. I wasn't sure what that date looked like.

I actually took him on a date one afternoon on a Sunday. I didn't spend any money. We drove to the lake, had a picnic and just talked. It was a perfect day. Okay...I spent money on gas and cheese and crackers and water. Less than twenty dollars and it was romantic as we watched the sun set.

Shade took that challenge and began planning dates that cost next to nothing.

So, we were lying in my bed, our bed, talking and this was what he was calling a date. Shade called it his bed. We were talking about the last meeting with the vampires.

We had two congress meetings that I went to but Joe didn't attend them because he still didn't know. It was shocking because they treated me like I was a vampire, which I was not. Not yet.

Shade reminded me that I would be. As I met people, they sniffed my neck which smelled like Shade. I was one of them because I belonged to one of them. I got to meet Shade's mom. She was gorgeous and she looked twenty.

She was tall and thin. Pretty. She was wrapped around Elias. "Shaw, I heard a lot about you and it is a genuine pleasure to meet you. I bet this was a shock to you?"

I chuckled. "You could say that but I think the whole absolute thing probably helped keep me calm!"

Celeste smiled. "It tends to." She just stared at me. "Sorry for staring, most of us haven't met a human before. Shade doesn't care for them."

Shade paled. "Mother!" He turned to me. "Only because I never met one!" He glared at his mother, who chuckled.

I laughed. "Shade, it's fine. I never met a vampire either and probably had some prejudices too... if I knew they were real!"

Celeste giggled. "You are really his absolute. Interesting."

I was confused by her statement.

Shade laughed. "She wasn't sure humans would really work out. She was scared when I told her. You just defended me and that is only something my absolute would do."

I blushed. Of course.

Shade kissed my mouth and smiled. "Let's find a seat." He kissed his mom's cheek and walked to the back where the kids sat. The meeting was only an hour and it was interesting. I saw a lot of kids from school there. Half of them. The other half were wolves so they were not present.

Now, I was lying with Shade on our bed in our position. "So, your dad and Gerald are telling Joe together?" Gerald, who I met at that first party, was the Alpha of the Werewolves. I had no idea. He was the first person I shook hands with. He had big meaty hands. I knew that. His wolf could swallow me whole, I'm sure!

Shade nodded. "Yes. They are going to try to break it to him slowly. How..."

"Not well, Shade!" I sighed. I loved our normal position. I was on my back and Shade was lying on top of me. "He is very practical!"

"This should be interesting." Shade smiled. "He just pulled in."

"I didn't hear anything!" But I did hear him stomping up the steps and he burst through my door.

Joe was pale and out of breath. "Pack up! We're leaving!" He was in a panic and his hands were shaking.

I sighed. "Joe? Are you okay?" I knew he wasn't. As stupid as I was, Joe was dramatic.