Chapter 3

FLASHBACK

1994

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and wizardry

It was a normal day at Hogwarts. Most of the students were outside, enjoying themselves on a sunny day. Others were inside, in the library doing their homework.

Everyone's conversational topic was the Tri-wizard tournament. All of them were excited about the tasks, new friends.

Some of them laughed at Harry, some of them were jealous, some of them didn't even care...

Draco Malfoy was sitting on the tree, in the Hogwarts' yard with his two friends. He was looking around, when his eyes fell on her...

On one and only Erica Martinez...

She was sitting on the bench, reading a book. Flowers were sticked in her long braid.

Some feelings started growing in his stomach... Hate... Angriness... Loathe... Despite...

For no reason...

He hated her, he hated her more than everything...

He didn't know the reason. He always asked himself why, but he could never find the reason in his heart...

He hated everything in her...

Her eyes, hair, skin, smile, voice, her talking maneuver, her kindness, her mysteriousness...

Yes, she was mysterious. Her eyes always hid something, something interesting...

He was eager of her secrets...

He wanted to know why her eyes were cold, he wanted to know why she never smiled truly, he wanted to know why she didn't care about Malfoy...

He hated her, because of her perfect life and she hated him, because of his perfect life...

They both cared about their personal problems and never realized, that others could have a horrible life with an awful problems...

They weren't really talking to each other, only if that was necessary or when Draco was bored and tried mess with people, with rude remarks. But they never worked on Erica, she didn't care what other people, especially what Malfoy thought about her.

This year Erica and Draco were partners in potions. No one of them liked professor Snape's decision, but no one of them complained. They mostly worked in silence. Sometimes, Draco would take little glances of her, just to check her. It was like a habit to him, since the last year...

Draco looked away from her. He didn't want to feel angry anymore or it would be visible to others. He looked in another direction and saw Potter. He was already mad at someone or something. It was the best time for Draco to distract himself from her and have a little fun.

"Why so tense Potter? My father and I have a bet you see. I don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament. He disagrees. He thinks you won't last five." Draco jumped from the tree.

"I don't give a damn what you or your father thinks, Malfoy. He's vile and cruel, and you're pathetic!"  Harry started walking away.

"Pathetic?" Said Draco to himself as he drawn his wand out.

"Oh no, you don't, sonny!" Yelled professor Moody and transfigured Draco into a ferret. "I"ll teach you to curse someone when their back is turned!"

A lot of people started coming to see what was happening. They all started laughing and cheering, when they realized it was Draco Malfoy in a ferret form. Erica was standing beside Cedric as they joked about Malfoy.

"You stinking, cowardly, scummy..." Moody proceeded to flick the ferret up and down.

"Professor Moody!" Professor McGonagall ran to Moody.

"Back shooting!"

"Wha- What are you doing?" Asked McGonagall

"Teaching!" Said Moody without even looking at her.

"Is that a- is that a student?" McGonagall was rather shocked and confused.

"Technically it's a ferret." He dumped the ferret down to Crabbe's trousers.

"Stand still! Stand still!" Yelled Goyle as he attempted to remove a ferret from his trousers. Moody turned to Harry and winked at him, who was laughing gleefully.

The ferret crawled out of Crabbe's trousers, and McGonagall turned Draco back to his normal, human self.

"My father will hear about this!" Hissed Malfoy as he stood up.

"Is that a treat?!" Malfoy started running as Moody did the same.

"Professor Moody..." McGonagall tried to stop him.

"Is that a treat?!" Yelled Alastor.

"Professor..." Minerva looked even more shocked.

"I can tell you stories about your father that'll curl even your greasy hair, boy!"

"Alastor!" Said McGonagall sternly.

"It doesn't end here!" Yelled Moody at Draco.

As Draco was running away, he bumped at someone, who had brunette hair. They both fell of the ground. At first Draco didn't recognize who that was...

But when he looked in her eyes, he saw the coldness running in there...

It was her...

It was her, who he bumped into...

They were touching each other, for the first time. They were holding each other, for the first time. They were feeling each other, for the first time.

They could see sparkled in each other's eyes, for a second. It didn't last long, the fall didn't last long, but it was enough...

It was enough for both of them...

That few seconds were absolutely enough for them...

Enough to perceive each other's warmth...

To perceive each other's skin...

To perceive each other's smell...

Erica came in sense soon. She got up and left without saying a word...

So did Draco...

"Alastor! We never use transfiguration as a punishment! Surely, Dumbledore told you that?" McGonagall looked mad.

"He might have mentioned it."  He looked down.

"Well, you'll do well to remember it." McGonagall turned around to a group of students, who were standing nearby. "Away!"

As McGonagall walked away, Alastor sticked his tongue out at her...

Both Erica and Draco were thinking about their touch...

Why did they feel weird, why did they feel good...

They wanted to feel each other's warmth again...

No one of them slept that night...

They still could feel each other's scent...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

He still could feel her...