Chapter 4

FLASHBACK

1994

Hogsmeade

It was a beautiful, cold, snowy day at the mountains of Scotland. An amazingly cold weather outside, yet so warm and nice atmosphere inside the castle, like always. Christmas decorations everywhere, the smell of the chocolate cookies and sweets, joy of the students and professors. All of them seemed happy, pretty, gleeful...

Everyone was excited for the upcoming Yule Ball. It was the most wanted part of the tri-wizard tournament, it was the moment when all the barriers dissapeared between the schools, between the students, professors. It was fun getting ready for the Ball. Learning dances, guessing who will ask who and winning or losing bets. Deciding what to wear, what kind of hairstyle should make...

It was a Hogsmeade weekend and all the students were hanging out there, having fun. Erica was  in the Honeydukes with Hermione buying sweets as they were chatting about everything and nothing. It was really nice for Erica, because Granger was the only close friend of hers. But they didn't really spend time together, they wanted to, but Hermione was always too busy saving everyone with Harry and Ron. Erica understood that, but she was always feeling sad or lonely without Hermione, but never showed it.

Why would she?...

Erica smelled a familiar cologne near her, the smell of that cologne, the smell of his cologne...

The flashbacks of that day started hitting her. How she felt, how good she felt in his arms, how weird she felt in his arms, how safe she felt in Draco's arms...

But she denied everything, she denied everything again, she denied everything like always...

Mione and Erica continued chatting. The topic of their little talk was the Yule Ball at that moment. Hermione was more than happy, she was attending it with Viktor Krum, the seeker of the Bulgarian quidditch team, the smoothie of young ladies, the champion of the Durmstrang. Erica acted normally about Hermione's date, she was happy for her.

Erica also got asked by a Durmstrang student, she could care less, at least she was attending a party and that's all what mattered for her.

As they finished shopping and were leaving the shop she looked at him, she wanted to look at him and she did. They made a normal eye contact, eye contact that meant nothing. Like all the other ones...

They just started checking out each other whenever they could. It wasn't an obsession, it wasn't love, it was nothing, just a little peck...

Whenever they could they were doing it, classes, the great hall, Hogwarts' halls, the Slytherin common room, the quidditch pitch...

It didn't matter where. It became a normal thing to them, it was like a routine...

Sometimes people would get suspicious with their looks, but they didn't care.

They wanted to, but didn't...

As the day of the Yule Ball came, everyone was nervous, excited, happy and stressed at the same time. Professors were decorating the great hall, students were getting ready for the night. All of them were busy, but they liked it, they enjoyed it..

The Ball had already begun, the first few songs had already ended, some studets were already tired, some just had started warming up. The two pairs of eyes wanted to meet each other, wanted to look in each other... The grey and blue pairs of eyes wanted to dance with each other by only watching...

And they found each other, they found the eyes they wanted to see. Oh lord, the feeling they were feeling in their bodies in that moment, the joy of finally seeing what they most desired...