𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞

-- Jade --

I watch him drive off at a speed that was pretty sure over the limit here, my body still digesting what just happened. fixing my sweater in its place I let my legs carry me inside.

''Jade Alyssa Lopez is there something you haven't told me ?'' I hear my mum shouting from the living room right next to me.

''Ahm...I don't know is there something?'' I respond in an insecure tone as because seriously have no clue what I could've done.

''who was that person that gave you a lift home hm?''

''shit'' I curse under my breath I didn't want to explain myself to mom right now, adding to that I don't even know-how.

''well..'' I start ''This was Jay Larrier I met him at the gala, he kinda helped me out with something and today it turned out his brother visits the same uni as me sooo he kindly drove me home as it was on his way anyways'' I couldn't tell my mom the whole truth with the creep approaching me because she would just start to blame herself, and seriously I don't want her to.

''Can I help you with the dinner today?'' I change the topic before she would start with her casual talk about how it's time for me to find myself a boyfriend and stop with this hate love nonsense, Yeah my mum is a hopeless romantic through and through.

she rolls her eyes knowing exactly what I'm trying to do, but it worked we walk over into our red-designed kitchen, wash my hands and start to cut some veggies for a salad my mom is planning to make as a side dish to pasta. My mom and I are born Italian women even though she barely speaks it.

after some time standing in the kitchen with my mom, we hear the doorbell ring. And damn my mom a woman which hates sports, sprinted to the door so fast, of course, James stood in front of it.

they walk in you can feel the mood in the house change completely from excitement to pure nervosity, I could feel and see how nervous James was to meet me. His body was completely tensed and his hands were slightly shaking he held a bouquet of roses, it was so cute seeing him trying so hard for mum.

I clean off my hands on my jeans and hold out my hand for him to take at least some of the stress from his shoulders.

''I don't know what my mom told you about me that you are that tensed up, but I'm Jade nice to meet you Mister Sinclair'' I say confidently with a soft smile on my face.

he shakes my hand and as I hear my mum and his laugh feel relieved. I hate when people are nervous around me that's the last effect I want people to have around me. And especially my mom's boyfriend shouldn't feel like that.

''I'll take the flowers and put them into some water'' I say and take the flowers from his now not shaky hands and put them into a glass vase with some water placing them on the counter.

decorating the food down on the dining table that my mom and James are already chatting at. 

''Lovebirds it's food time now'' sitting down putting some pasta on my plate and start eating. as I drink my water my mum says something I never thought I would hear from her mouth ever again.

''Baby I know it's a lot to digest for you with me and James but there's one thing we need to tell you..'' he takes her hand while she speaks '' we are getting married'' 

I nearly choke on my water as she finishes. Does my mom really get married again? holy cow when did so much change in her life without me even noticing.

''Con-congrats but isn't this a bit rushed like I am happy but this is so unexpected so..so surprising'' I say still not believing what I just heard 

''We know but we aren't that young anymore and it just feels right between your mother and me''' I hear James speak up for the first time during this dinner ''but we wanted to hear your opinion on this before we plan things any further as you are very important for me'' my mum adds.

I swallow the lump in my throat as I feel reality hitting me directly, no warning nothing. 

''Mom'' I get up and walk over to her and wrap my arms around her tightly '' I am so happy for you and James'' I say as I feel a tear rolling down my cheek. At this very moment, I felt happiness radiating through my body, I finally had the answer to the question ari asked me on my way home yesterday. I was beyond happy for her, I don't like changes they are terrifying I prefer walking on the ground I know well. But this...this is beautiful. 

I look at the tall man standing next to me and my mom ''you've got the fucking best out of the best here, you better treat her well'' I say with a sharp look looking straight into his eyes ''excuse my words...I am just really excited for the both of you'' all three of us start laughing.

James and I got to know each other a bit better, he ensured me he loves my mum, he really loves you see it in his eyes they spark up each time her name gets mentioned.

''Jade could you get us something sweet to the tea from the coffee shop across the street''

''hey no I can do that'' James gets up ''Sit down big guy, and enjoy the time with mother dearest, I stole enough time from you two''. 

He chuckles, sitting down on the couch again.

I grab my purse that's on my desk, putting on my Favorite repair of converse on the way to the door.

looking once to the left side and once to right crossing the street, because honestly getting run over by a car doesn't really would fit in my schedule.

who do I meet inside? exactly the last person I would like to see right now, Jay fucking Larrier.

seriously now? is he following me or some shit, it's getting creepy. it's like wherever I go he is there too. I don't even have the time to think about what's next when I suddenly feel his breath on my neck and his deep voice behind me with his hands on my shoulders, but his view is glued on the menu?.

how did he see me that fast?

''well well well at this point it's fate beautiful'' he whispers sending shivers down my spine ''but now that we're both here let's drink a coffee together''

''No'' I get out of his grip ''look I seriously don't know what your problem is but are you stalking me or something?'' I confront him pulling him to the side not making a scene.

''No? you are interesting, but not stalking interesting you know. and this is just a coincidence but I don't like the way You're thinking about me'' he adds ''give me 10 minutes to change your opinion on me' 'he looks at me with these big green eyes that I utterly Hate cause I get lost in them each fucking time he looks at me gosh I hate this so much. or better I was trying to convince myself that I do. 

 I let out a capitulating sigh as I shake my head in response '' you only have 10 minutes after that I need to go'' 

''get ready for the best ten minutes of your life'' he grins triumphantly 

''you mean the ten minutes after I finally get out of here and can eat that; yes these for sure will be the best'' I hold up the bag with the sweets up

to my surprise during the past ten minutes I laughed I truly don't remember me laughing that much for a long time, he told me some of his funny stories from his and liams childhood. Just when I wanted to get up I stumble on the bag that was laying next to my feet, falling directly into Jay's arms. He caught me with ease as if my weight was nothing for him, well if you look at his muscular arms he probably lifts weights that weigh double of me. He holds me with our faces just inches away from each other.