Playing Cops and Robbers with Barbie

"So..you and Rubble huh?" Tiger asked with a teasing lopsided smile. The early morning breeze ruffled the bits of hair that poked out from his suit.

    "It's just for advertising Old Man." Barnaby replied while keeping his gaze on the road.

    "I bet you're still happy you got stuck with them cause Rubble's so cute." Tiger cooed, Barnaby swerved past a Mercedes and sped up.

     "I would never be attracted to a criminal."

    Unsure of how to respond to the frustration in Barnaby's voice Kotetsu remained silent in the green sidecar. He spoke up again, "(Y/n) told you? That was pretty soon."

    "(Y/n) probably decided to tell me because of the files our companies gave us."

    "(Y/n) telling you has to count for something doesn't it?"

    "I don't need a scolding today from you of all people."

    "Maybe you don't, but you need someone to break you out of that square-minded attitude of yours."

    Once again you rode into action using lifted cement. There had been surprisingly no disruptions in Stern Bild to call on any heroes until today. Some fools had planned a heist during the quiet week, a plan you were all too familiar with in your past mistakes. You had your company and manager to thank for giving you the chance to fix your past.

     You settled by the bank letting the cement curve down beside an officers car. Barnaby's bike pulled into a spot near you, without a word you greeted Tiger and continued on your way. You approached the owner of the car you had stopped by to ask about the situation along with their luck of getting any hostages out. She shook her head dejectedly. "At this point, they have the upper hand to demand to be released and be given a vehicle." Nodding at the new information you returned to where Tiger was.

    "Any ideas for getting the hostages out safely?" You tapped your fingers together in a nervous rhythm.

    "We surprise them by breaking through the front door." Tiger suggested, he was a little too amped up for this situation.

    "No!" You and Barnaby had yelled in unison startling the not retired hero and the both of you. You and Barnaby held eye contact before you looked away from his calculating green eyes.

    "Why'd you only speak to the Old Man?"

    "Do you always have to ask questions at the wrong time?"

    "We're supposed to be dating."

    You snapped your gaze up to his again, if it had been anyone else in a pug hooded cape that appeared to be picking a fight with a 6'1" man it would have been funny. You weren't anyone else, he had spoken to you those nights ago like you were beneath him for your past actions. You refused to give him a pass on that.

    "Even though this is a contract Barbie, you have to earn me having a proper conversation with you. Facing Tiger you thought over his proposal, "It wouldn't be a bad idea if it was executed differently.

     "I think I have a plan, thanks Tiger."

     You called in the other heroes on your bracelet to relay the message, now you just hoped it would play out correctly. Sky High had used his powers to blow winds strong enough to break through the banks doors and knock everyone off their feet. You, Dragon Kid and Blue Rose handled the taken aback robbers by barging in and electrocuting, freezing, or submerging them. All while Wild Tiger, Barnaby, Origami Cyclone, and Fire Emblem helped hostages safely leave the bank. Although everyone had earned points you, Dragon Kid, and Blue Rose earned the most from what you overheard from the announcement.