Gentle Moonlight Kisses

You both left the restaurant a little after closing, the manager had been insistent about you getting your fill. The night had been a blur after pulling him in close to you. All you could focus on was the food, the cameras, and that stupid smug smile of his before the next thing you knew it was on in the morning and you were waving back to the employees.

Peeking over at your burgundy clad companion beside you heat rushed to your face.

"So was the three hour wait worth it?"

Your heart doing flips in your chest screamed a 'yes', but you would never tell this cocky bastard that. With a huff you glared at him, "Next time I'm leaving you here to embarrass yourself until close."

"I said sorry." The both of you walked toward his car with you ahead of the blonde.

"Sorry isn't enough for wasting my time, you'll have to do a little better than that Brooks." You spoke as you approached the red car and leaned on it, arms crossed with a playful pout. You watched him struggle under your gaze before sighing and pulling out his wallet for emphasis.

"I'll buy whatever you want."

"Nope." You replied while popping the 'p', you pulled a crossed arm out and boredly stared at your nails. "I'm not materialistic after awhile I'll just get bored of it and regret the joy of buying it."

"But, I'm buying it not you." He pointed out.

"True, yet you're missing the point. I don't want or need anything new." You grinned as you watched him place a hand under his chin as he frowned in thought.

"Not even...flowers?"

"You must really not want me mad at you if you're going through all this trouble with no one around." You teased with a laugh leaving your lips.

Despite your jokes, you weren't wrong everyone in the restaurant that worked tonight were still cleaning. Which left only their parked cars, nearby tenants, and Barnaby's parked alongside the curb. No one else had been outside this area, at least to your knowledge.

While you laughed you noticed Barnaby's ears burn a bright reddish pink that reminded you of the design on his suit. What a cute bunny.

"Cute bunny?" Although it was a question he said it with a hint of annoyance.

Fuck you did not mean to say that out loud, you've never spouted bullshit so fast in your life. "Kotetsu's always talking about how much of an uncute bunny you make." You nervously shrugged, "You trying so hard is pretty adorable."

"I'm trying so hard so we don't have another silent treatment incident."

"How else are you going to learn not to finish my taffy?"

"I was supposed to know it was yours how?"

"Brooks," You rested your hands on both hips "what other hero has a dog as their sponsors mascot?"

"Damn, you got me there."

"I think three days might work just fine."

"(Y/n), we have an interview in two days."

You pushed off the car and stepped under the lit sidewalk. "That sounds like a you problem to me." You replied and lifted an inch of concrete to step on. "Unless you find a way for me to forgive you." Barnaby's eyebrow twitched in annoyance as he watched you bat your eyes. It was crazy how you were the one needing his help yet, you always managed to put him in a bind. Luckily for him he might have found a solution.

"C'mon." He stepped toward you and placed a hand at the bottom of your arm as his thumb hesitantly touched your palm.

Curiosity must've killed the cat or dog in your case, because after your prolonged teasing Barnaby had begun pulling you along. He led you to a park facing a well lit water fountain with wooden benches. The park happened to have a playground that settled for only being illuminated by the moon's light. He paused in his steps to glance around and then continued to pull you. He stopped in front of a swing set as he let you go.