Criminal Minds with Barbie

You held the file close and considered ripping it into small pieces. From how windy it was outside your company the pieces would be gone in seconds.

     "So..where should we go?" You asked not up for an outing, right now you wanted to be home watching Courage the Cowardly Dog reruns. Barnaby crossed his arms and looked down at you.

    "We aren't going anywhere until you apologize."

     "Apologize?" You repeated, " For what making your life a little difficult?"

    "If little is what you'd call submerging people in cement, then yeah I still want an apology."

    "No thanks, it was a harmless prank and you got out fine didn't you?"

    "That's not what I'll be telling your manager who is so relieved I volunteered to help you."

     You grit your teeth, "Are you really going to act like a snitch in kindergarten?"

     "If you're acting like a brat, I'll just meet you halfway."

     You huffed, "Okay Barbie, I'm sorry."

     He raised a perfect eyebrow, "Barbie?"

     "Brooks, I'm sorry Brooks."  You said avoiding his gaze, "Now can we leave people are staring at us."

    Surprised by the gathering people, he covered it up with his picture-perfected smile.

    "Good, we can go now, come on." He said before turning away from you and walking off. You mumbled profanities at him as you speed-walked behind him. Catching up you noticed he'd been heading over to his motorcycle.

    "Where are we going?"

     "Can you just be quiet?" He didn't look at you as he got closer to his bike and threw a leg around it.

    You stood beside the vehicle awkwardly. He looked back at you, 
"Are you going to get on?"

     You shifted from foot to foot, nervously bending the file in your hand.

     He sighed, "Just ask the question."

     "I've never..Where should I hold on?" Although you didn't like him that much and pestered him, he was still a person. Your heart doing flips reminded you of the thought of close contact.

     "Just hold onto my shoulders." He started the engine. Stepping closer you raised a leg over the motorcycle and straddled it. Your hands shook as you went to rest them on his shoulders.

    "Are you on?" Barnaby asked when your hands settled on the red and white fabric covering his shoulders.

     "No Barbie I'm standing in front of you."

     At that he revved the engine and drove off with what you assumed was over the speed limit. Your body jerked too far for your liking, gripping his shoulders wasn't as safe as you hoped. Your hands quickly slipped from the edgy blondes shoulders to wrapping your arms around his stomach, while nearly giving him the heimlich maneuver. As Barnaby tried not to crash into buildings, you screamed for dear life into the sunset with a now-forgotten file flapping away with the wind.

     "I was following the speed limit." He defended.

     "My heart said otherwise!" You said back.

     He rolled his eyes and ignored you by walking through the automatic doors. With him ahead of you, you missed the first real smile he'd made today.