Chapter 17

_________________________________________

"Sometimes I get so far in my head that I forget everything else exists"
_________________________________________

Two bedrooms stood side by side in an extravagant white house. Both had the same look to them. The same light blue walls decorated with photos and lights. The same white desks pressed to the wall, one cluttered with makeup and empty pill bottles while the other was cluttered with school work and flyers for the school's theater department. Both were decorated with plants. They had the same flat screen tv hanging in the corner of their rooms, the same queen-sized beds with fluffy white and black blankets, and three pillows. Two of which were left unused. Completely identical.

It made sense that the residence would be identical too. Both are slim boys with bright blue eyes and fair skin. The same sharp jaw and sense of style too. Completely identical except for one of them dying their hair brown. But personality-wise, they couldn't have been more different. Gage was calm and well-collected. He knew what he wanted and always strived to get it. He was the perfect son that mothers prayed to have.

Silas, on the other hand, was dancing on the line of insanity. He could be all Gage was and more some days. He could be bouncing around their lives with too much energy and too much to get done. He could organize an entire fundraiser, redo their garden, and create a new club at the school in under three days if nobody got in his way. But that version of Silas was always short-lived and quickly replaced with a violent, depressed, maniac that hated himself.

There was always an obvious difference in how Gage and Silas were treated. Whether it was from their moms or from their friends, people always liked Gage more and talked to him like he was an adult. Silas was always babied or talked down to. He was always a hazard they felt the need to babysit. Silas hated it. He absolutely hated it... But Gage wasn't like that. Gage seemed to be the only one that actually understood.

"Draw" Gage smirked as he nodded toward the Uno pile. Silas groaned and grabbed two extra cards, adding them to his already too-full hand.

"Fuck you" Silas deadpanned before setting his cards down on the bed. "I'm going to go pour some tea. Want any?" Silas asked as he climbed off of his bed and glanced over at Gage with a small smile.

"Nah" Silas nodded and headed out of his bedroom. He headed down the white staircase as quietly as possible out of fear of waking up his moms, but he froze in his steps when he heard voices echoing from his parent's bedroom. He hesitated as he headed back up the steps to peak inside when he heard his name.

"I don't know what to do anymore" A tall and elegant woman sighed as she took off a priceless necklace and set it on a vanity. She wore a long black dress and wore black gloves. Her hair was dyed black and fell down to her waist. Lucinda never left the house without looking her very best.

"Relax. We'll find another psychiatrist. The medication has been working. We just need to get him to take it more" Another woman walked over to help Lucinda unzip her dress. She was slightly shorter and tan. She had an undercut and her dark hair was tied up in a bun. Tattoos ran up her arms in full sleeves, all the way up to her neck and she had a silver hoop in her lip.

"I'm worried" Lucinda admitted. "Silas is a good kid... I love him so much... But I'm afraid that one day he's going to do serious harm. Not just to himself... I know I shouldn't think this about my own son. But I'm afraid he's going to hurt someone" Lucinda blurted out. "And I'm even more afraid that it's going to be Gage... Gage is too involved with him. It's going to hurt him one day"