Chapter 6

"Anyway, RJ, you need to lose the hair. It's too conspicuous." he told me as he reached into the bag of stuff that Shane and Tessa had stolen and pulled out a bottle of intense blonde dye. "No, no, no, no. I'm not dying my hair blonde. I'm keeping my hair, thank you very much." I stated as dad shook his head. "I'm sorry, RJ, but I see Cade's point. You're going to have to dye your hair." he said before turning back to Cade. "Will it wash out?" he asked about the dye and Cade nodded. "Once we get back from KSI, we can get it wet and get it out. It's only temporary. Don't worry, RJ. You'll have your regular hair back in no time." he answered as I sighed, knowing that I was defeated, and picked up the hair dye. 

"Alright, alright, I'm going. Sunny, Sides, wanna help?" they nodded and walking after me into the small bathroom. "Is everything okay in there? We heard some... sounds." Cade asked, his voice suspicious as Sunstreaker and Sideswipe let out a quiet groan if disappointment and placed their foreheads on my shoulders. I laughed and ran my hands down their hair. "Yeah. We're fine. Just having some trouble opening the cap of the hair dye bottle. We got it, though." I told Cade as he sighed. "Okay, then," he said, and there were the sounds of footsteps as he headed back to the main room. I turned to Sunstreaker and Sideswipe. "We never get a break, don't we," I murmured laughingly as they let out another groan. 

"We don't," Sideswipe agreed, pulling away. "We'd better start working in your hair before Cade begins to get suspicious." He said as he shook his head. "We're lucky that we didn't get your pants off, or else we probably wouldn't have been able to stop ourselves when Cade came down and we'd get caught." I shrugged. "Can I be honest? At that point, I wouldn't have cared," I told them. "But let's get this hair thing done with. blonde... ugh. For the record, I hate this. I really, really hate this. This Blonde looks horrible on me!" I said as Cade rolled his eyes. "You've said that since we dyed your hair. Stop being dramatic about it, RJ. You look fine." Cade said as I grimaced. "No, I really don't," I replied as he climbed into the car. "Don't get reckless there, RJ. I don't want to lose you." dad instructed as I got into Sounders alt mode. 

"I'll be fine," I said from Soundwave's driver seat. "We'll be in and out before anybody even knows that we're there." I said smiling. Soundwave, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and Bee drove out of the church and to the KSI headquarters. About ten minutes later, Shane, Bee, and Cade were waiting in line to get into KSI. Bumblebee had his commlink on so Sunny, Sides, Sounders and I were by the gate they were at. There were a whole bunch of cars in front of them, so they were relaxing while waiting their turn. 

Or, more accurately, Cade were relaxing while Shane freaked out. Cade turned to Shane, who was in the driver's seat. "You know, at a time like this, the idea is to keep cool, not look cool," he told him. "So why don't you lose the glasses." Shane yanked the glasses off, and Cade looked out the window at the security guards standing nearby. "About a month ago, middle of the night, I thought I heard noises in my house. Was that you?" Shane scoffed, determinedly not looking at Cade. "What? C'mon, no way," he replied, but his voice showed his nervousness. I laughed at Shane's nervousness, but I knew that that had been Shane, who had wanted to see Tessa. In response to Shane's answer, Cade raised an eyebrow. "Don't lie to me, kid," he warned. He gestured to the security guards. "You see the guy with the gun there?" Cade said as Soundwave and I hacked into the mainframe to get them in without raising suspicion. 

"There's so many guys with guns," Shane muttered. Cade continued as if he hadn't heard Shane. "Let's get out of the car and tell him we're about to break in and it's your idea, because I don't care. I'm old. I've already lived long enough." Cade said getting out until I stopped him. "Cade, can you not get out because you'll be the one to tag as suspicious. You're gonna throw not only me but all of us under the bus with him?" I told him as I continued to hack. "You too, RJ. Your friends with him, I'm betting you know, too. And I still have a bone to pick with you about not telling us about the Autobots." Shane interrupted. "You have a really bad and I mean bad habit of having these conversations at the wrong time, man," he told Cade, still sounding nervous as Cade raised an eyebrow.