Fate Part 73

73.

Woah, guys! I don´t know how, but you managed to go from 31,2 reads to 33k reads in one night.

I´m flashed! Thank you so much for your support!

I´m updating again for like the third time this week because @volleyball51 asked me to :) Thanks for you comment, this chapter is for you and all the ones that commented my previous chapters :)

xoxo Ina

Demi

Happy three years sober, I´m so sorry. I love you!

A tear rolls down my face. I would have laughed if this situation wasn´t so grotesque. I can´t break down in front of her right now, she´s broken. Her eyes are fixed on mine and look for an reaction, while there is fear about how I may react.

I breathe in and wish I haven´t. I give her a peck on her forehand and rush out of the room, her eyes follow every step until I´m out of the door and slide down the next wall.

I hug my knees and roll myself together. Quiet sobs escape. What in the world happened to her? Why does she looks at me like she´s scared about something? She still wears our wedding band though. Wearing and meaning it are two different things.....

I got her, in the palm of, my hand
She knows I love her
I got her, thought I lost her, again

But life's so quick, sometimes
Just blinking you might miss it when you close, your eyes

I look up as I feel someone beside me. Dianna. She kneels down and pulls me in a tight hug. She herself cries. We end up crying together, finally calm down and look at the wall opposite of us.

“She´s fucked up..”, I admit honestly.

Di nods; “Something happened. She hides something...”, she mumbles

“Well, she isn´t talking...”, I sigh “I need you help, Di...Look at her....Can she even stand up? I doubt it...all I can smell is alcohol..” I rub my nose to get rid of the smell that still lingers in my brain.

“I´m not going anywhere. I´m by your side. It´s my fault as well that she ended up like this. I´m clueless what might have happened....”

“We have to talk to Maria before we leave, she might know something that could interest us”

Both of us talk about who does what next and decide to talk to Maria first. That means we have to get back to that room. Di is about to knock as the door opens and Maria comes out. She sends us one of her warm smiles again; “I changed her bandage. She´s sleeping again. I will make us a cup of coffee and suggest we talk for a bit, how does that sound?”