Prologue

- Borrego Springs, California -

Harry

I took Astrid's hand, held it tight and asked her to close her eyes. "Where are you taking me, Sir?" she asked me chuckling. "Well, I want to ask you something and I would love to do it under this, please open your eyes, darling." She did as she was told and gasped.

"Oh my, isn't this such a lovely sight? A starry date, I love it Styles." She teasingly said but then she frowned.

"What is it that you've been meaning to ask me though?" I smiled and pulled her a bit closer so that she was in front of me. 

"I have to be honest, I'm kind of nervous." I said while rubbing the back of my neck a bit to ease my nervousness.

 "Now you're making me nervous Ree, what is it?" I sighed but smiled with the nickname and thought that it was now or never.

"Astrid, we've known each other for quite some time now." I started. "We've been to dates and I just want to ask you if, you'd want to be my girlfriend? Make things official between you and I?" I asked, hopeful and sighed. "Astrid, will you be my girlfriend?" 

She gasped and looked at me wide-eyed.

"Harry, I do like you and I love spending time with you but I don't think I'm ready to become your girlfriend, I'm used to peace and quiet Ree, no offense to you and your lovely fans, they're amazing but it's the bad-mouthed people who I don't think I could stand. The unwanted attention. I'm sorry but I feel like" She paused, looked at me, our eyes staring at each other, what she said next, was something I didn't expect.

" I feel like, liking you is not enough of a reason for me to let go of the life that I have, I'm so sorry."

I was shocked, I couldn't move and I didn't even stop her from walking away from me. I was deep in thought. I was kind of upset. No, I was upset. Crazy thoughts were running around my head.

Why did she spend over a month of her precious life with me then? Were the dates nothing? Was I overlooking everything? Was I too fast and forward? Why did she agree on going out with me then? I know that no one's to blame for the situation that I'm in right now but I just can't help it.

I suddenly snapped out of my daze when I heard a familiar sound ringing in my ears. Isn't that my...alarm?

That's my alarm.

- London, UK -

Harry

I suddenly shoot up from my bed. 

"What the hell was that?" I mumbled.

 "Another one of those dreams with your girl, eh?" A voice startled me. "God Mitch! Were you watching me sleep?" He chuckled and said "Mate, I heard your alarm going off and it has been about 20 minutes and you haven't turned it off yet, it's been snoozing so I decided to check up on you." He raised his arms to strengthen his defense.

"Yeah sure, well I'm wide awake now, I don't know what's up with me and this girl now, I don't think I've met her before, I don't even think she's real, why is she seemingly haunting me?" I sighed getting out of bed and Mitch smiled.

"Maybe she's real Harry and she wants you to find her or here's a cooler one, she's real and she doesn't know who you are at all but you guys are destined to be together." He teased.

"Well, my life isn't a movie mate so I don't think so." Mitch shrugged and said

"She's been appearing in your dreams for five weeks now and you've written songs about her already so I think in a way, she's a good thing, I guess? At least you have a muse, she sure is helpful."

What is happening to me? Who is Astrid? Is she even real? If so, is Astrid even her name?