I Think I'm Going Crazy

- London, UK -

Harry

"Mitch, I have another song written for Astrid" I sighed not ready for his reaction. 

"That's the 10th one H. You sure you don't really know who she is?" He asked and I sighed for what feels like the hundredth time today. "I kind of know her you know? We've been talking about each other in my dreams and you'd say that we now know each other pretty well. That is,  if Astrid's real and, if she is, all that she told me were facts! For heaven's sake, I even asked the girl to be my girlfriend!" I exclaimed raising my hands up even rubbing my face out of confusion.

"I think it's crazy that in your dreams, you know "things" about her and vice versa but, she's never mentioned her full name. Just Astrid? Come on, dream gods." He frustratingly said. I looked up to him and said "Yeah, that too. Another thing to add on my train of frustrating thoughts. Thanks Mitch!"

We were both quite for a few moments, probably contemplating things until Mitch spoke.

"Harry, this is a serious question, I'm not gonna make fun of you whatever your answer is." 

My head whipped to his direction and asked "What is it then?" 

"Based-off all the songs about her, I just think that it's proper to ask you if..." He trailed off. 

"What is it, Mitchell?" I basically begged him. 

"Do you think you're in love with her? Do you love Astrid?"

I was shocked. I was speechless.

Never in my wildest dreams (quite literally) have I ever thought that I'd be in a situation like this. "I-I don't know." I said looking down to nothing really.

 "Would you think I'm crazy if I said yes?" I added, looking up to a smiling Mitch.

 "I knew it! For the record, I don't think you're crazy. I mean this situation is what's crazy." He defended. 

"I think based-off all the dreams you had and the stories you told me, I knew that eventually, you'd fall for her." He added, shrugging a bit as if were talking about someone he's seen and met before.

 "I don't know any more mate; I really think I'm going crazy!" I said falling down into the couch. "What do you think I should do?" I genuinely asked my good friend.

"To be completely honest H, I don't know, let's just see what happens." He shrugged. 

"Pffft. And allow me to completely go crazy? I don't want that! Even the dreams are turning into something realistic and hurtful." I mumbled the last part quietly. But I guess, Mitch heard me.

 "Oh right! What was your dream last night about? What do you mean by something hurtful? Did she get kidnapped or something?" He asked excitedly but with a hint of worry. 

"Calm your butt down Mitch. Uh- I asked her to become my girlfriend and" 

He cut me off before I could even continue "Oh mate that's amazing! That's probably what the new song is about, yeah?" He inquired.

"No no no, she uh- she- s-she said no, can't take the unwanted attention and all" I started. "And the song is uhm- kind of a sad song, I'm not in the mood for your teasing too so please, just don't." I finished. 

"I'm sorry about that H. At least the songs aren't all happy, yeah? People would love a hint of heartbreak too, not that I wish you heartbre"

 I cut him off before he could even finish "I understand what you're trying to say Mitch, I do." I stood up and took my notebook to show him the song but before I could open it, he said