Chapter 9

(Dan's POV)

I wake up, and see Phil laying next to me. His arm is wrapped around my shoulders, and my head is tucked into his neck.

How did this happen?! I won't move though, I actually like this, a lot...

I snuggle closer to him, breathing in his raspberry and cologne scent. He moves around, and I can tell he's woken up. Oh no, he probably is really grossed out, why would he ever want to be this close to me? He probably wishes I hadn't spent the night. Maybe I should just apologize and leave.

But he doesn't move away from me, he kisses the top of my head. He pulls me closer, and puts his other arm on my chest.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god.

"Good morning, Dan."

I look up at him and smile, "Good morning." I retract a bit from his embrace. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For this! Of course."

"Dan, I like it. No one really ever holds me like this. This is nice. Thanks."

My face gets warm and I nod. "You too."

I get up, and grab my shirt from the floor. "I think I'll have to go now, my mum is probably worried."

"Okay. Thanks for spending the night."

"Yeah, thanks for letting me."

He awkwardly looks around, "Can I walk you home?"

"Of course!"

He nods and smiles, picking up his shirt from the ground, along with my jumper. He grabs some shoes, and a few minutes later we are walking out the door. I hang my hand down close enough to his so he can hold it, but he never does. We walk in silence for a while, but then he asks a question. "Why did your dad do that?"

I had forgotten about my eye, but I'm sure it's swelled down a bit. "I don't know, he was upset. He's always upset. I am glad he left."

"Had he hurt you before?"

I think back to all the times he had thrown me to the ground, told me I'm worthless, or refused to give me food, telling Mum he had fed me. "Um.. No?"

"Hm.."

We walk for a long time in silence afterwards, I like it though. When we finally reach my door, he hugs me goodbye. "Bye, Dan."

I look up to him, and he leans closer to me, closing his eyes. His lips get closer to mine, and I slowly lean in.

Just as my mum slams open the door. Phil jumps back, and awkwardly stands ten feet away from me. "Um, b-bye Dan.." He says , before quickly walking off. 

"Dan! Where were you?! I was worried sick! I thought you had run off!"

"I stayed at Phil's. He's my friend."

She sighs, shaking her head. I follow her inside, and go up the stairs to my room. I fall onto my bed, and grab a box of Maltesers by me. I eat them while scrolling through tumblr, but then Phil calls me on Skype.

"Hi, Phil."

"Hey!"

"I'm, uh, sorry about my mum..." 

He laughs, shaking his head. "No, its, hahaha, okay. We can do it another time."

I blush, and smile. We look at  each other for a second, and his smiles fades as he stares at my features.

"You seem happy today. It's nice."

"You make me happy."

"You too."

We skype for five hours, talking about Muse, Maltesers, llamas, lions, concerts, and everything we could possibly talk about. He smiles so often, and it makes me smile. He is the only reason I smile, another thing I learn about myself as he laughs. His cute chuckle always makes me happier, and the way he moves his fringe always makes me melt. I eventually have to go down to dinner, and he sighs while he says goodbye.

During dinner, my mum tries to make conversation, but all I can think of is Phil. How he held me last night, how he kissed me, how he beams when I compliment him.

He genuinely makes me happy, something no one else can do. Whether he feels the same towards me or not, I'm happy that I met him.