Chapter 2

(Dan's POV)

I wake up, the sun shining in my room from my window. I try to cover my head with my duvet again, but the heat of the sun just makes it worse. I throw back the covers, and grab some clothes. Just sweatpants, I don't plan on going out.

I throw off my pajamas, and then put the cozy, comfy sweatpants on. Much more comfortable than the material of the suits I have to wear.

I walk downstairs, and go to my cupboard in the kitchen. Since my parents don't like any of the same things I do, they give me a monthly allowance to buy things I like, and they won't touch it. Its a great deal, I think.

I make myself some cereal and go back up to my room, where I then turn on my fan. My black curtains should help block out some of the heat, but they aren't too helpful in the mornings.

I scroll through tumblr and eat cereal for an hour, before I go back downstairs and put my bowl in the sink. My parents are arguing in the lounge. I hear muffled screams and shouts, so I go up to the door and rest my ear against it.

"Dan is fine! He is a boy. All boys are like this at his age!" My mum screams.

"I wasn't! Something is wrong!"

"No! Maybe you were a strange child, but my son is not-"

'Your son??? He's my child too! You have to realize, boys his age are supposed to have friends."

She interrupts him, and gets louder and louder with each word. "He is a PRINCE!!! Its hard to make friends when you are royalty!!!" I hear something break, and decide I should leave.

I run up to my room and lock myself in my bathroom. I'm tearing apart my family. I didn't mean to, I don't want this to happen.

Maybe I'll have to pretend to be happy, and pretend to be straight. Maybe I'll have to lie my entire life to keep my family happy.

The thought of living like that terrifies me, but I don't see any other option. I throw on a shirt and an oversized hoodie, and walk down the stairs, without straightening my hair.

"Mum! Dad! I'm going out!"

I open and the front door reluctantly. What if people notice  it's me? Ah well, as long as my parents are happy...

I run. I shut the door and run for a long time, until my lungs burn and my legs feel like they're going to fall off. I stop at a park, sweat pouring down my forehead, and sit down on a bench.

After a few seconds, I lay down, panting. I'm never running again. This was a horrible idea. I can feel my fast heart beats in my throat, and I try to calm my breathing, but it doesn't work. Under my sweats and hoodie, it feels like a sauna, but I am not taking the sweater off, no matter what.

I see a figure stand in front of me, and shielding my eyes from the sun, I try to see who it is.

"Can I sit here please?"

I nod and slowly return to my sitting position. He sits next to me and I ignore him for five minutes, the time it takes for my breathing to calm down.

I look over at him. He's pale, has an expensive looking sweatshirt on, and has dark black hair swept over one eye. His eyes are a mix of green and blue and yellow, and his lips are shaped perfectly, not to mention how soft they look. I didn't even realize he was looking back at me, his eyes looking at my clothes, and at my face over and over again. He looks so familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

Who has black hair, and pale skin?

Princess Lester.