Chapter One

(Dan's POV)

My father is King Howell. I am expected to marry a beautiful princess and carry on the royal gene, but I'm gay.

Of course I haven't told anyone, God forbid a prince is gay, but its true.

Right now, I sit in one of my many suits at my dinner table. We are eating a simple meal today, and I'm secretly scrolling though tumblr on my phone, hidden under the table. I have a secret account of course, acting like any other normal human. My internet friends know I'm gay, but they don't know I'm gay. The prince.

"Daniel? What do you think?"

I look up, a tad bit startled. "I'm sorry, what did you say, Mum?"

She shakes her head and sighs. "You'll have to start paying attention, dear. What do you think of that princess we met today? Princess Lester? Isn't that right?"

"Yes, Mum. She's alright. I guess..." Honestly, I couldn't care less about her.

"She's absolutely wonderful! Daniel, you must get married to her. She's the one. I know."

Well, sorry but she's not. I don't say that though, I just look back at the food on my plate in front of me. Beef, rice, bread, and vegetables. I haven't eaten any of it. I don't want to eat, at all actually. I'm really unhappy with myself, but no one notices. 'Boys will be boys!' My mom says. I didn't realize being depressed was a part of being a boy.

"May I be excused?" I look up to my mum with pleading eyes, while she inspects my full plate.

"You haven't eaten a crumb, Daniel."

"I'm not hungry."

"You're never hungry anymore. Eat at least some vegetables."

I look down to my plate, and back to the rest of the large table. My father and mother, and my cousins and family friends are all here. Since we had a small "party" today, a few people stayed for dinner. I push around some food and then stand up to put my plate on the counter for the maids to take care of.

I walk up the stairs to my room, and change into pajamas. Its early, but I feel tired. Always so tired.

I crawl under my cozy duvet and grab my laptop from the end table beside my bed. I go back on tumblr, and then just stay on the internet until 1:00am, and then I turn it off to sleep. Well, at least try to.

Thoughts linger my mind, unhappy thoughts. I think of the beginning and end of the universe, how no one matters in this large space of nothingness, how death is inevitable, how I'm gay and how that shouldn't matter but it does. I curl up into a ball and let my tears fall onto my pillow. Why do I exist? Why does anyone exist? What is earth? What is life? What is love?

I'll never know.

And I break down. Will I ever love? Or will I be forced to pretend I'm straight and get married to a girl and pretend love and pretend to care? I hope one day, me being gay won't matter, and me being happy will be all that matters. Maybe one day I'll meet a wonderful guy, maybe even a prince or something, and fall in love and marry. Maybe my parents should have another child, because obviously we have to carry on the "royal gene" and I can't get pregnant, duh.

I hope though, I really do. And then I fall into a sad, dreamless sleep I wish would never end, but it does. Everything ends.

(AN- the gay princes are real. I had to do it okay don't judge. Plz vote and comment)